For GB and Elbee (And anyone else who wants to offer an opinion)

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Darnit itk. I try to be nice and politically correct and say all the right things and you have to stir things up. I think tex is a epd bull that is to extreme for my enviroment but he red and polled and low bwt. But now the good feelings I tried to portray is exposed by your dig so I have to say I hate the bull. Just kidding. ;D

itk

Aj, didn't you use a Suds son and a Warhorse grandson? Your hypocrisy has no end.  ;D Or just maybe those genetics can work in a area that gets 10 inches of rain a year, no creep and has to eat stalks in the winter. Sorry, for ruining your commercial cattle cred. By the way I might be heading out your way in a few weeks for Chance's wedding.

aj

I briefly used a homegrown suds son(before I knew suds was pha carrier).The warhorse grandson also assumed room temperature after he tested positive for th. I actually like the moderation of the warpaint daughters and the disposition of the suds cattle. I didn't get into the defect deal to deep before I figured it out. I had some big bwt's using suds the one year. I liked the fleshing ability of the few suds calves I got.

garybob

aj said:
I like him. It is hard to argue with that low birth weight and great growth performance. I think he is a step in the right direction for the breed. Maybe he is the shorthorn bull that will be the next curve bender for abs. It would hard to go wrong with tex and gismo in the pedigree. I like them shorter bodied myself and deeper ribbed. He couldn't come from a better outfit though and it is hard to find the good red ones. (clapping)
How about extra dep-bodied ones with the added length? That's what I always looked for. They also had to be red, or darker roan, with good feet, without exceptions.

GB

sjcattleco

Welcome to the club!  Very nice bull....If his mother is one of your elite cows For gods sake don't sell him!!! Use him and never look back.... just be prepared for him to grow fast frame in the beginning and then slow down at about 1. and get even thicker....

garybob

TheTruth said:
justintime said:
I will trade two $50,000 heifers for this $100,000 bull!

Hey JIT,

There's a feller who lives in Twin Bridges, Montana who says that he believes you got the price wrong on your two $50,000 heifers. 

He says you put too many zeros on the end of your price.........LOL!
That guy just got his website a-going. Nobody else in Twin Bridges, MT besides Wally Klose.

;)GB

JoeBnTN

sjcattleco said:
Joe is there any way you can get a linear measurement score on that bull? 

Next time I'm at Dad's I'll see what I can arrange.  We're just starting to get an idea of the growth curve for the Matador calves - and from what we see we like.  Good weaning performance that is carrying on toward yearling.  From the cattle in his background - I would expect him to stay moderate framed - he's been a solid 6 frame since weaning - but he seems to have the ability to add a few extra pounds.

As far as using him - we will, but with 25 cows it makes more sense to partner with someone on him and get him exposed, if he continues to come on.  One thing that will limit him here is the number of Matador daughters we will likely be keeping - they seem to be the right kind.

garybob

JoeBnTN said:
sjcattleco said:
Joe is there any way you can get a linear measurement score on that bull? 

Next time I'm at Dad's I'll see what I can arrange.  We're just starting to get an idea of the growth curve for the Matador calves - and from what we see we like.  Good weaning performance that is carrying on toward yearling.  From the cattle in his background - I would expect him to stay moderate framed - he's been a solid 6 frame since weaning - but he seems to have the ability to add a few extra pounds.

As far as using him - we will, but with 25 cows it makes more sense to partner with someone on him and get him exposed, if he continues to come on.  One thing that will limit him here is the number of Matador daughters we will likely be keeping - they seem to be the right kind.
If He's good enough to partner out, He's good enough to line-breed him to his half-sisters. Rob Sneed does it all the time & he has consistent cattle that bring a premium.

Just my opinion.

GB

Latest posts