for Mark Tenenbaum

Help Support Steer Planet:

LSF

Finally have a picture of a Shazam calf.  This one is out of a Plus cow.  He's an early September calf and is selling on the cow in the Kentucky Bluegrass sale at NAILE.  All the Shazams have come easy with good birth weights.  We feel safe to use him on heifers and will be getting even more calves by him next year. 

Attachments

• LSF After Midnight small.JPG
    LSF After Midnight small.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 276

mark tenenbaum

Thanx Mr Leemon-you need to keep him around-IF YOU JUMP HIM IM A PLAYER-I really like the calf-and Shazams pedigree-the old (per-se) maine really works on Shorthorns-and PERFORMS   2 EXTREMELY NEEDED functions:1:lower BWS 2:A departure from breeding that has become an attractive but broken record EG -good outcross genetics,available to everyone-you could sell some semen,and I think help the breed a little-and not in the same concentric scheme of things.I think youve come up with some very cool cattle in a very short time. O0

LSF

Thank you Mark.  We may be collecting Shazam after L'ville and if we do we'll be sure to let you know.  We sure appreciate your kind comments!

CPL

Very nice calf! Do you have a picture of the Shazam bull?

LSF

Here ya go!  This was taken last year but it's the only one I have.  Shazam is by Kadabra and out of our Primabella donor cow.  He is registered as a Plus and also a Maintainer.

Attachments

• LSF Shazam small.JPG
    LSF Shazam small.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 226

shortyjock89

LSF said:
Thanks!  He is 50% Shorthorn and 25% Maine.  To look at him you would never know he wasn't a purebred Shorthorn.

Yeah except he's bigger footed and thicker ended than a lot of PB's haha.