For the ladies of the board...

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

This is a reminder for all us women to make sure we are getting mamograms & doing breast self awareness test monthly. I realize this is not a cattle topic but we are part of the cattle business & we need to ensure we stay healthy.
Remeber these are things you can do to save your life or that of someone you love. As a 12 year breast cancer survivor, I know how important regular check-ups are. Do this for yourself & those you love. It can strike at any age too, I was only 37 when I developed mine.

Red

red

icon_comcast_tcm8-323590.gif

For more information go to:
www.cancer.org
This is a topic I care very deeply about. If I can get one woman to make an appointment or get one man to suggest the same for his loved ones then I've done something good today.

Red

Simmimom

Our county fair has been the past week plus and my daughter's FFA chapter was "Strong enough to show in pink"  Kids and parents wore pink all the time and had placards to fit in number holders saying showing in support of "  " or in memory of "  ".  It was a sea of pink and they collected donations for breast cancer research.

dori36

Simmimom said:
Our county fair has been the past week plus and my daughter's FFA chapter was "Strong enough to show in pink"  Kids and parents wore pink all the time and had placards to fit in number holders saying showing in support of "  " or in memory of "  ".  It was a sea of pink and they collected donations for breast cancer research.

PRCA Rodeos all over the country have been featuring "Tough enough to wear pink" all year with the toughest of the tough cowboys wearing pink Wrangler shirts!  Go guys for the gals.  BTW, I'm scheduled to get  my "favorite" test next month!  The small discomfort is minor compared to not know what is going on "in there"!

common sense

For Christmas each year my sister and I agreed that we would get mammograms and send each other the results.  It's the best gift ever and we get to blame each other for all the fun we are having during the test.  Don't forget though...breast cancer isn't JUST about women!!!

frostback

I have a friend that does the Avon walk in the summer in Denver and I give to her every year I can. I feel good because of it and it payed off as my mother in law had surgery for it just yesterday. Now I worry about my daughter.

Latest posts