for those of you whom love trump cattle

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

Show Heifer said:
My first thought: Where are the TH/PHA results????

Boy are you a cynic (I didn't find them either)
;)

knabe

i liked

16a long hip
31a
41a
41e

the rest i thought were a lot different than these to this novice's eye.

shorthorns r us

compare the cattlen last years catalog to these.  that is better than any official rain guage.

sjcattle - i know this one is kind of teed-up for you but please take a deep breath b4 you type.

shorthorns r us

i just got a PM about this quote so i better clarify what i mean.  the cattle in this catalog a a little thinner than normal as i am sure are everybody elses cattle in the dry areas.  i think there are still some awesome showring type cattle in there.  the line about sjcattle was intended to be humorous because i know he wouldn't like any of them under any circumstance; like me and horses..  i'd bet money to marble and chalk that even his smaller easy keeping commercial type cattle are a little thinner than in past years unless he had extra pasture. 

the subject line on the original post was just a play on the recent heated discussion.  i like some trump cattle.  i don't like some trump cattle.

i am not slamming any of the cattle.  i can appreciate them all for their intended purpose.  i just wanted people to get to see the catalog.

SRU said:
compare the cattlen last years catalog to these.  that is better than any official rain guage.

sjcattle - i know this one is kind of teed-up for you but please take a deep breath b4 you type.

DL

Doc said:
Show Heifer said:
My first thought: Where are the TH/PHA results????
It says at front of catalog, cattle are THF unless otherwise noted or pending. (cow)

Good pick up Doc - didn't see it but didn't print it either - how about PHA??

Jill

I have about decided that the shorthorn breed has just decided to total disreguard PHA, other than the ones I have seen SEK put out I have yet to see anything on the Shorthorn side regarding PHA.

shortyjock89

Jill said:
I have about decided that the shorthorn breed has just decided to total disreguard PHA, other than the ones I have seen SEK put out I have yet to see anything on the Shorthorn side regarding PHA.

That's pretty much it.  If the ASA can sweep it under the rug for another year, month, week, or whatever, they will.  I hope they can get things straightened out in Omaha, or the AMAA might be getting a new member and herd.  We've already decided to breed about 1/4 of our Shorthorn cows to Maine or Mainetainter bulls.  Dad was hardcore Shorthorn, but he like's the Maine's enough now to start doin a little swtichin over it looks like.

itk

I have to agree with SRU on this one the pics look alittle greener then they have in the past. However I have full confidence that the cattle will look amazing come sale day as usual, which is no small feat for a Sept. 1 sale. Also congrats to Melinda lot number one is out of her cow.

DL

shortyjock89 said:
Jill said:

That's pretty much it.  If the ASA can sweep it under the rug for another year, month, week, or whatever, they will.  I hope they can get things straightened out in Omaha, or the AMAA might be getting a new member and herd.  We've already decided to breed about 1/4 of our Shorthorn cows to Maine or Mainetainter bulls.  Dad was hardcore Shorthorn, but he like's the Maine's enough now to start doin a little swtichin over it looks like.

We would welcome you with open arms! And besides red cows can be dual registered! The best of both worlds
Make 'em clean
Make 'e red

garybob

The Tonic cattle seem to be the stars at this year's star search. 33A is the only one I'd drive up there to peek at.

shortyjock89

DL- thanks lol.  I've shown a couple Dual Registered females and I really liked them.  I have always liked Maines and I will probably join the Association even if we don't make the complete crossover.

Garybob- You don't like the Tonic calves either?  I'm not much for them.  He just isn't what I think of when I think of a good Shorthorn Bull.  Nothing against Bakenhus or Cates, but I like a little more bone and foot in a bull. 

shortdawg

I don't think I would be going out on a limb to say that most of the Cate's cattle wont trace back to the PHA carriers. If I didn't see any PHA connection I wouldn't test for it. They test for TH because some of their cattle come from some of those lines. They breed some of the best cattle in the business and are great people. If you go to their sale you will be impressed. Their are many great breeds of cattle in our business and over 40 of them have some sort of Shorthorn influence. I have nothing bad to say about any breed of cattle but, I would like to see the Shorthorns get a little credit. There's a reason those Maines can be double registered because they too have that SH influence. What did the first Maines look like ?

OH Breeder

Sonny is a trump son. So, I guess I really love trump blood in the sense, Sonny females are wonderful.
I think everyone is running a little thinner than usual this year. No pasture here in Ohio and INdiana hardly at all. THink they do a nice job with the catalog. PS, I always read the sale notes now because I noted some are making statements in regards to the "cell LInes". Caught that in the small print in a catalog. DId not notice it hear.

red

I think my fatties just get nutrients from the air. They are not losing any body condition & just on hay. The ground sow (Foreplay cow) looks like she's 9 months pregnant.

Red

garybob

shortyjock89 said:
DL- thanks lol.  I've shown a couple Dual Registered females and I really liked them.  I have always liked Maines and I will probably join the Association even if we don't make the complete crossover.

Garybob- You don't like the Tonic calves either?  I'm not much for them.  He just isn't what I think of when I think of a good Shorthorn Bull.  Nothing against Bakenhus or Cates, but I like a little more bone and foot in a bull. 
;)???????HUH (scratching my head)???????????????
I said the Tonics were my pics, and 33A is my favorite. He looks like a Bull, and,  He's SLICK HAIRED!!! As a plus, he goes back to Mike's Cujo. BEEF, BEEF, BEEF! Biggest footed Shorthorn Bull I ever personally laid eyes on, was AR SU LU Robust-X ( No asterisk), at Jim Sneed's in Sedalia, MO. That was before Ward went after the $$$ and started breeding show cattle.

shortyjock89

garybob said:
shortyjock89 said:

;)???????HUH (scratching my head)???????????????
I said the Tonics were my pics, and 33A is my favorite. He looks like a Bull, and,  He's SLICK HAIRED!!! As a plus, he goes back to Mike's Cujo. BEEF, BEEF, BEEF! Biggest footed Shorthorn Bull I ever personally laid eyes on, was AR SU LU Robust-X ( No asterisk), at Jim Sneed's in Sedalia, MO. That was before Ward went after the $$$ and started breeding show cattle.

Sorry dude...my bad..  Didn't mean to mess up so hardcore there.  I like the Cujo line of bulls, and the original (CC Cujo) was a beast, and I've seen lots of cattle with him in the background.  Tonic looks like a bull, yes, but he doesn't trip my trigger.  My apologies.