Ford Powerstroke question

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

Took it in yesterday to replace the EGR valve and that seems to have been the problem.  I looked at it and it was coked up almost solid.  The shop is where I also bought the truck a few months. 

EGR valve was $204.  Labor was free. 
I bought the truck a few months ago with no warranty.  They stood behind it anyway.

Pat on the back to T&S Auto in Waverly, IL for their continued good treatment of a customer. 
You rock!!  <rock>

bcosu

the new 6.7's are the way to go for the fords. they designed them better overall. it's been a while since i talked to the diesel tech at our dealer but he had been around a few and had just loved them.

i pulled a 28 foot stock trailer with one and you almost didn't know there was a trailer behind you. the ride was great and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 90 mph and 70 mph.

talked to a friend who had to borrow a new one while his was in the shop and said he was almost scared to drive it because he looked down and was going around 100 and didn't know it.

maybe it's not great for speeding tickets but they sure do ride well.

BadgerFan

The 6.7 sounds like they way too go.  If I didn't like my first born and all my limbs I'd get one.  But, my friends say I'm just cheap. (lol)

pjkjr4

cbcfarms said:
the new 6.7's are the way to go for the fords. they designed them better overall. it's been a while since i talked to the diesel tech at our dealer but he had been around a few and had just loved them.

i pulled a 28 foot stock trailer with one and you almost didn't know there was a trailer behind you. the ride was great and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 90 mph and 70 mph.

talked to a friend who had to borrow a new one while his was in the shop and said he was almost scared to drive it because he looked down and was going around 100 and didn't know it.

maybe it's not great for speeding tickets but they sure do ride well.

The local Ford dealer finally got through with mine yesterday. When I went to pick it up, they had a 2009 F550 crew cab that they were replacing the fuel pump on (same problem as mine). From the front of the bed, the only thing attached was motor, transmission, radiator, front axle, and grill guard!! The cab and front fenders were about 6 feet overhead.
I asked the mechanic about the new ones. He told me that Ford had copied ad much as they could off of the old International 7.3 liter. This is the engine they came up with (6.7). He told me that they had been experimenting with them in the oilfields in Canada, and that they've yet to have a serious problem to date. He told me to get rid of mine before the warranty runs out, and get the new one. Take it for what it's worth.

simmyman67

We have a 2003 6.0 liter 2500 hd GMC truck that we use for hauling, and we absolutely love it! We've never had any problems with it.

jason

I made the switch back to gas.  Diesel was just getting to high and I don't do a ton of hauling.  I was tempted to buy a 6.0 powerstroke because I am friends with a diesel mechanic and you can good deals on trucks with that motor.  He runs a 6.0 personally with the egr delete and headstuds and hasn't had any problems.

jason

BadgerFan said:
The 6.7 sounds like they way too go.  If I didn't like my first born and all my limbs I'd get one.  But, my friends say I'm just cheap. (lol)

Yep, when I was looking for trucks I saw the sticker of a King Ranch f250 with the 6.7,  $67,000.  :eek: