Fort Worth anyone

Help Support Steer Planet:

TottenClubCalves

I have a pretty good heifer that I think I'm going to take to fort worth this year I also have my Paddy O'malley heifer that I'm going to take that was reserve grand at are State fair this past year. Does anyone go to fort worth on these boards if so whats the Chi Show like? Also what do you think is an average weight for an 8 month old calve?

Joe Boy

I have gone with steers, sheep, and pigs but not Chi's.  I have watched the Hereford and Maine shows.  It is a good show.  I t hink they could do away with the wagon races and have an AOB steer show.

mp

I hope your talkin open show for your Chi, because they dont have a Jr Chi show

afhm

They have a Jr. Chi show in conjunction with the open show and it is open to the world not just Texas kids like all the other Jr. shows.

chambero

The Chi show is pretty tough.  Pretty good numbers and very good cattle.  I think Foster's have been dominating it for a while.  You bascially get all of the good ones at it that show up at San Antonio and Houstin (ORBs) + a few others.  We may take a couple of heifers to it this year if we aren't too busy. 

Telos

I try to go to both the Junior and Open Chi shows. It is one of the toughest shows for Chis and probably ranks second to Louisville are far as the competition.

DLD

I go down to help my neighbors that show there every year. It's one of my favorite shows - lot's of good cattle, and good people, too. Go if you get a chance - if you don't enjoy this one then you're doing something wrong. We might take a couple of our own this year, just have to see how it goes...