Fort Worth Info needed

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

I am planning on attending the Fort Worth Stock show for the first time...was wondering if anyone has been there before. What hotels are close to the grounds? Cheapest place that doesn't have rat poop? ;D  Etc. Any help would be great, as I have dial up and the web site won't ever come up completely for me. Thanks

afhm

The Green Oaks is a large hotel w/in a few miles of the show.  There is a Days Inn just across the freeway.

DLD

Show Heifer, the FWSSR website does seem to have serious issues right now. I have dial up and it's always worked for me in the past, so hopefully it'll get straightened out. If you're needing reservations, I'd start ASAP. As afhm said, the closest motels are the few on University just south of I-20. If that doesn't work, the next easiest one's to get to (to me as an out of towner anyway)  would be off of  I-20 to the west of University (they'll be a few miles out to the west - I'm guessing 3 to 7 or so).  Surely starting now, you can get rooms somewhere pretty close. I think you'll enjoy it - to me, Fort Worth is always the most enjoyable show. I look forward to it every year.

chambero

There clusters of hotels a few miles to the north and south of the stock show.  For north, look for hotels up around the Intersection of I-35 and Loop 820.  These will be a little closer to Highway 121 which takes you to the DFW airport if you are flying in.  On the south side, there are hotels around the intersection of I-20 and Hulen and Bryant Irvin Road.  These are a little closer to the stock show (you just go up Hulen to I-30 to get there), but a little more out of the way from the airport.  All of the hotels in both locations are pretty new.  You can find some in all price ranges.  Just do a search on the internet yellowpages for those intersections and you should find what you need.

Joe Boy

We have always stayed in the motels to the west on the main drag, 30 West,  in Fort Worth that goes toward Weatherford.    Many times staying in motels as far out as White Settlement.  It does not take long to drive to the show grounds.  We make our reservations in November and have been turned down a time or two but have found a place.  WE get passes for the show with our registration and a parking permit, which sometimes is not worth much but other times is worth its weight in gold....  You know how that is....  It is a fun place... we usually eat one meal out and make lots of sandwiches to take to the barn... breakfast at the motel....  Have a great time and I hope to see you there if you are there for the Maine show...