Fort Worth?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Did anyone here enter for Fort Worth?  Part of our gang here is going to go.  They are excited.  I am going to stay home and chop ice. haha

We have never shown down there before.  Any good inside info?

ROAD WARRIOR

Take warm clothing and rain gear, seems like everytime I go there it's cold and wet! Oh and eat at the Salt Grass! RW

chambero

I'm in Fort Worth every day, but will be there all week during "steer week" (last week of the show).  When are you going to be there?

Mexican Food - Joe T Garcia's is somewhat unique.  Really good food.

Steaks - I like H3 Ranch and Cattlemans.

BBQ - Railhead right across I-30 from the show.  Real good seafood place next to it.

ZNT

We'll be there with some Maines, and I am sure I will be working on a few steers on steer week.  We have several Red Angus that we are getting ready, but the owners will be taking them there.  Weather is kind of crazy for Ft. Worth.  Nothing like Denver, but still crazy for around here.  There is usually one week of 70's, and one week of 40's and rain.  Both are very hard on the cattle.  The northern cattle seem to have an extra hard time with the extreme temperature swings, and the high humidity that time of year.

Look forward to having you in our neck of the woods.  Ft. Worth is a great time, and a well run show.

sawboss

Both of my boys and myself will be there for the Jr. Heifer show, really school oriented, they will be with Garrison FFA.  We will be back with steers the last week, wide open and wild in the barn areas and show arena.  Hope to see and meet some of you there.

kimbaljd

My kid will be there with her Brahman Heifer. Junior Heifer show. This will be our first trip there as well, so I am very interested in this topic and any responses.

Simmymom1

(thumbsup)  We will be there with my daughter who is showing her Charolais heifer in the Jr. Heifer Show.  We were there last year and just about froze to death.  Lisa

showstick09

I will be there with my hereford heifer stalling with Carthage FFA. It's going to be my fourth year there.

txshowlamb

This will be my first year Iam the only one going from my school ill be with Dwight Sexton from Feb3-7 hope to see you!
Brittney

NHR

txshowlamb said:
This will be my first year Iam the only one going from my school ill be with Dwight Sexton from Feb3-7 hope to see you!
Brittney

Dwight Sexton is a really good judge. Which week will y'all be there? We will be there for the Junior heifer show and the Shorthorn Open Show. Ft Worth is my favorite show.

braunvieh

We'll be there in Jan. I think the facilities are top notch, esp. in winter! 2 years ago was an icy mess and last year was cool but not near as cold as Denver! At least in FW you have a chance of some nice weather!

BIGTEX

The Flying Fish is where Chambero is talking about. There is also a place called the Smoke Pit. Rib Tuesday is really good. 2"Pork Chop Friday is hard to beat. I try and make it every Tues. All the waitresses wear bikini tops on Tues. and Wensday so maybe leave the girls to wash some cows or something.

Joe Boy

I have  been to Ft Worth when it was in the 90's and in the teens.  I have seen thunderstorms, high wind, and ice storms.  You need to just go prepared for anything.  You could have 3 different days of weather....  last year it rained part of the time.... then it was windy part of the time and it was cold part of the time.... most of the time it was 55-75 in the day and really nice.

I plan to be there for the Maine sale and watch the cattle.  I have some friends who will be there and some who will not be showing due to the judge this year.

Most of the time it is really a nice place to be..... enjoy your visit and best wishes to all...

itk

How is the bull doing? Won't make it to Denver if you got a picture I would like to see how he is doing.