FR Magic

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

What do you think about him and his daughters? How do they grow? BW's?  what does he work best on? any pictures of him?

Telos

Well Maine12, Does this mean you are one that is fortunate enough of possessing some of his semen?  If you are then congratulations...for he is proven in making outstanding females. There are bulls that have a better phenotype, but Magic is a cow maker usually producing sound functional females. I do think he could have been exploited more then he was. I think he could have been used in the same way Meyer 734 was (JMO). KBC Taz is one of his better known sons. Heat Wave is out of a Taz bred cow. I would personally use him on a very special cow because his semen is considered hard to come by.

AAOk... Are you still digging around for his picture? I know you must have it somewhere.

Jill

I check on him some time back, I think SEK had him at 100.00.  If I remember right, his picture doesn't do justice to the females he put into the industry, kind of like looking at Meyer for me, wouldn't use him by the picture, but love the females out of him.

AAOK

Telos said:
AAOk... Are you still digging around for his picture? I know you must have it somewhere.

I've looked, but haven't found.  One of our daughters showed a Magic daughter at a Jr Nat'l and had a picture of FR Magic in her portfolio for the Salesmanship competition.  That thing is around this house somewhere, but still in hiding.  We moved into town five years ago after the kids left, and must have buried a lot of the relics.  I'll agree with Jill, FR Magic was not a real attractive fellow, but produces what I think are consistently the best females of the Maine-Anjou breed.  I still have 3 straws.  I think about 1995 was the last time I used any.

Have a Very Merry CHRISTmas!
In HIS grip,
Dan

knabe

I have located some, and a pic, but it's in delivery, so i'll probably have to bug again.  he supposedly could be linebred without ever having a wreck.  one knock on him was calving, but could be downsized in one generation by linebreeding.  that female in the at you thread is a direct magic daughter.  i guess she had a daughter that had a daughter that milked good out of a show bull that lost some milk, so i'm a little confused by that one.  still, the one in the pic had twins and they were stout.