From Pasture to Plate

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

I was watching the beef cook-off and it made me wonder, what's everyone's own favorite beef creation? Do you indulge yourself in that fantastic sirloin, or maybe your more of a hamburger connoisseur?

My one of my own fav. recipes is them bite sized burgers, which are made the same way as a reg. size burger.

an additional flair that can be added in mushrooms sautéed with milted blue cheese....mmmmm

Doc

My favorite is a good medium rare ribeye. As far a beef dish goes my favorite is Steak Bake. I had it the first time at Barry Jordan's fall sale one year.I liked it so much I got his his wife to email to me. It's bitesized pieces of steak in somekind of gravy like sauce with tatertots on top . A complete meal, beef & potatoes.

red

I love a good ribeye, grill over hickory chips. Medium rare for me. Put some kosar salt & a little pepper & I'm in heaven!

Red

knabe

tossup between beef wellington (pastry, foie fras and filet all in one), pan fried rib eye or filet.

red

cattlejunky said:
I love the filets and the flat iron steak.  It comes from the arm and it is delicious. 

how do you typically fix the flat iron steaks?

Red

garybob

What about the "Chuck Eye Steaks"? Very tender, and worth the price, if your freezer is empty. 1/4 the price of RibEyes and Loin Cuts.

GB

afhm

It hard to beat a good chickenfried steak or a filet.  A good hamburger is always a no miss.  Lately the beef fajitas are tops on my list.

red

I love chicken fried steak w/ creamy/peppery gravy & homemade mashed potatos! Add some corn on the cob & WOW!!!!

Red  :p

garybob

Red, Ma'am, do you use a thin, tenerized slice of Round, then "Bread" it, or do you buy the Processed ones?

Chicken-fried Steak. My Grandmother. The memories.

GB