FSF Starburst 058

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
Jive Turkey said:
Jacob B said:
Wow, horrible on the move.

Not very good specimen standing still either.  No doubt he’s had some nice calves— his sheer volume of use has ensured that. But I will say I saw a pic of a pretty exceptional calf that was sired by a bull named Excalibur that is bred very similar to Starburst, just with the top and bottom side of pedigree inversed.  May be worth looking into for your purpose grant as this calf looks a lot like how you like them at birth- coming out looking a month old  ////  Thats a VERY good calf REALLY  stout and looks correct-I dont see where a reiteration of 30 years of cattle breeding etc. is necessary when all you did was picture a genuine good one from that type of breeding-which  obviously wasnt huge at birth Thats really the only point you were trying to make JMO. O0
mark tenenbaum said:
http://www.showsteers.com/farrer/Dynamic%20Dams%20Sale.htm      I didnt count but there are at least 15 daughters-both heifers and cows-along with maybe 5  grandaughters (by his daughters) in Ferrers sale-not all of them could be bad O0

knabe

justintime said:
xbar, I am not sure what you mean by that.

I think he just means in his hands, with some genetics, he didn't see that for his purposes.

no breed is as remotely successful as some Angus lines at making spread bulls, those with lower BW's and growth.

they have almost essentially eliminated the need for crossbreeding to get gains from hybrid vigor.

no breed/strains, numbers, market acceptability comes close.

this in a nutshell, is what every other breed struggles with.

mark tenenbaum

ty378 said:
justintime said:
Jacob B said:
https://youtu.be/1UihP1wHhW4

Thanks for the video. After seeing it, I am not interested in using this bull. I am always looking for new genetics to use in my ET program, so I appreciate any information I can get on some of these sires I don't know much about.

Here is a canadian starburst///////  (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> (pop) O0

mark tenenbaum

mark tenenbaum said:
ty378 said:
justintime said:
Jacob B said:

Thanks for the video. After seeing it, I am not interested in using this bull. I am always looking for new genetics to use in my ET program, so I appreciate any information I can get on some of these sires I don't know much about.

Here is a canadian starburst///////  (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> (pop) O0
knabe said:
justintime said:
xbar, I am not sure what you mean by that.

I think he just means in his hands, with some genetics, he didn't see that for his purposes.

no breed is as remotely successful as some Angus lines at making spread bulls, those with lower BW's and growth.

they have almost essentially eliminated the need for crossbreeding to get gains from hybrid vigor.

no breed/strains, numbers, market acceptability comes close.

this in a nutshell, is what every other breed struggles with.///  https://www.youtube.com/embed/LYW-M0g_bj4
mark tenenbaum said:
ty378 said:
justintime said:
Jacob B said:

I would agree till it comes to showring and or general looks-And although very few people have had the guts to produce an Angus Short cross-They can really cover all the bases-Just look at Lynette Janes f1 s (JMO SOME OF THE BEST F1S IN THE US) or Bollums sale listed to the left-check out the LOT 5 Bollumd
s Red White and Roan
mark tenenbaum said:
ty378 said:
justintime said:
Jacob B said:

Breeders World link below  PVF Insight x Shorthorn -I spend ALOT of time looking at sale cattle-Phenotypically this is one of the best black females Ive seen this year-And she can go out in the field like any other commercial cow- http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?hunker105/category/ALL

ty378

Yearlimg starburst raised on grass

Attachments

• 20171125_153905-1.jpg
    20171125_153905-1.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 292

mark tenenbaum

Thats a good one to have been raised on grass and is made alot like the Starburst bred in Bollums sale although she isnt an 8 frame or a mile long she looks like a moderate type that would fend for herself big head and all-Whats her dam? O0