Ft. Worth heifer champions

Help Support Steer Planet:

stangs13

I dont think we are going to SA anymore. We feel she needs the rest and the time between now and Houston...where she should hold her own easily.I was sent some pictures of a new heifer prospect for next year...shes one great heifer.

kobo_ranch

Our county had the Champion ABC heifer (I think) I know she's a simbrah heifer and awesome (belongs to friends of ours) 

Another good friend took 3rd place in the angus class.  We didn't take our Chi heifer (didn't think they had a class?? Went to Kerrville instead and won Champ with her there,

We will be showing our steer on Friday next week in the heavy weight exotic class!  WISH US LUCK!!  Know its gonna be tough!  He broke out of the pen this evening and ran to the other end of the coastal field (A LARGE COASTAL FIELD!) so he certainly can still move plenty good.  Big front blew in this evening all 3 broke out of there pens!!

afhm

kobo_ranch said:
Our county had the Champion ABC heifer (I think) I know she's a simbrah heifer and awesome (belongs to friends of ours) 
They don't have a ABC heifer class at the majors in Texas.

kobo_ranch

afhm said:
kobo_ranch said:
They don't have a ABC heifer class at the majors in Texas.
I will clarify sorry.. wasn't sure but she won the SIMBRAH champ in her age class then the reserve overall of the SIMBRAH class. 

kobo_ranch

afhm said:
The Show said:
Yeah, they don't show Chi's in the jr. show but they have a chi show later on.
Its this morning at 10am
Do you know who won, was it a junior show or open?  still learning on all this... wish we could have made that.

stangs13

That reserve simbrah was a nice heifer. Very powerful and massive from behind, with moderation of rib, and a nice long body!!  I saw her in class and division, and I really liked her, she was a different kind than the other heifers that were towards the simmental side of the breed, and really haired up. I dont know if you got to see the champion simbrah, shes really nice.

CJC

kobo_ranch said:
afhm said:
The Show said:
Yeah, they don't show Chi's in the jr. show but they have a chi show later on.
Its this morning at 10am
Do you know who won, was it a junior show or open?  still learning on all this... wish we could have made that.

kobo

If they don't have a Chi class, Next time run her ORB.

afhm

[/quote]

kobo

If they don't have a Chi class, Next time run her ORB.
[/quote]
Houston and Dallas are the only Texas majors with a ORB class. (Unless Austin or San Angelo has them i am not up to date on their rules)