Ft.Worth Shorthorn Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

lcc10

How'd yall like the judge being on his phone in the first two class's? i know if you were in the ring it would have made you EXTREMELY mad! did you like how it turned out ?

Thoughts ?

WMW11

Was that the same judge that was texting  during the Red Angus Show?

fed_champions

Who was the judge? Thats very rude, im sure the show officials werent very hhappy bout it.

lcc10

not kidding at all ...

WMW11 said:
Was that the same judge that was texting  during the Red Angus Show?

& red brangus was showing at the same time shorthorn was just in the ring beside them , so most likely yes .

fed_champions said:
Who was the judge? Thats very rude, im sure the show officials werent very hhappy bout it.

& if im not mistaken the spelling here it was Les Wankel or something close to that last name

J

JTM

I'm sorry, I got confused and thought they showed already but it's not until Sunday I believe. Hoping and thinking CF Flex will win... We will see.

nobody

Yes, I can believe the judge did this because he did it last year during the Simmental show.  I know this goes without saying, but all the time, money and work that goes into a show heifer and then to have a judge get on his phone during the show is disrespectful on his part.  This isn't just sour grapes, we actually did ok in our class (3rd) and we're thankful to be placed that high. The judge was les wankel.

aandtcattle

This judge should have a terd kicked out of him!  I really can't beleive this!  Didnt anybody say anything to him like: "Dude, you are supposed to be judging this very prestigious show right now so why dont you hang it up before I put that thing in my wrist rocket and put it where the sun dont shine!"  For cryin out loud, people never cease to amaze me! ::)

kamerkat

In the judges defense it was a junior show  . So with all these new kids showin these high dollar heifers how is he suppose to know which ones to pick when he doesnt know the kids .Someone probably textn him so they will get placed right  . HAHA

outlawcattlecompany

I was less than impressed with his choice of attire either. Ft. Worth is one of the largest junior heifer shows in the country. Most judges really try to look nice.

The Show

There was a lot of talk going around the barn about him being on his phone the entire time. I heard that the head official went down there and got onto him for it, and he's not expected to be back anytime soon.

farmin female

Wow.  I am also constantly amazed at the stupidity of people - maybe I should know better by now.  Anyway, I am not associated with any Texas stock show, don't show nationally and I don't even raise registered catttle.  But, I am involved locally with our beef show.  And I can guarandamnteeyou that I would not tolerate that type of performance from the judge.  I realize that he is there and you are on the spot to have the show judged but, dang people, woman up and act professional and respectable. 

Note to any current judges, future judges, wannabe judges, etc., that may be reading this.  The only thing you are selling as a judge is yourself.  If you disrepect the show and the particpants in that show you have done nothing but shoot yourself in the foot.  It's one thing for people to not agree with your opinion when you have completed your job with class,  but its something else when people can say you were an idiot because you couldn't get off the phone long enough to actually judge the class.

sue

guarandamnteeyou  .... that's a good one farminfemale <party>  .