Ft. Worth Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

blackwellfarms

Who is taking junior heifers next week?  Open show the following?  Will have two in the junior and 5 or 6 in the open.  I know several on here are from Texas. 

red

I bet there are quite a few going! Hope we can get pictures back from it!

Red

chambero

We're there the week of the steer show with steers and two pens of heifers in the Commercial Heifer Show and Sale.

We were showing in the open "junior" heifer show with a Chi, but have backed out (see earlier post that caused such a tizzy).

AAOK

We're planning on being there....an old, sterile bull, and a cow that's been open for 26 years. ??? 

sawboss

We will be at the Jr. Heifer show with a May '07 Brangus on Saturday and a January '07 Maine-Anjou on Sunday.  We will be back for the steer show 10 days later.  Probably will leave with our tail tucked between our legs on both occasions, but it will be the boys first Major and a good learning experience.

blackwellfarms

We will have a Jan 07 Simmental and a May 07 Maine Anjou for the Juniors.  And then four Maines and two Simmental for the open.  It will be my first open show and my daughters first time at Ft. Worth so it should be learning experience for all.  We will be stalled with the Ellis Co. 4-H. 

charlie4s

hello to all, i have been a reader for a long time a thought it was time to join in on the fun.
My partner and i willl 4 maine heifers there this year. 2 are 06 models and 2 are 07 models. But unfortunately i will miss the Jr show for the first time in 15 years.
Sawboss i wish you and your boys the best of luck and have a to everyone else have fun and enjoy.

Charlie

charlie4s

I guess i should explain my unwanted retirement. On Dec 14  I  had a massive heart attack that left me with 70% damage to my heart muscle. Spent the holidays in the hospital and finally got to come home Jan. 4 .  Now i'm taking some good meds thats  helping and waiting for the next Dr. visit in a couple of weeks and will see where to go from there.
But now that i cann't do anything for a month and guess i will be getting on hear and letting wat knowledge i have out for all.

Have fun and enjoy life
Charlie

Telos

Welcome charlie4s. Posting on this board is a lot of work. So just forget about retirement.  (lol)
Sounds like you can give us some good pointers with show calves.

Does anyone know the date they pick the grand steer? I think it's Feb. 1st, but not sure.

charlie4s

telos ,thanks for the vote of confidence. you might remember me from houston a couple years back. we were stalled beside you and znt when yall had triple x there. we had the fancey dancer heifer you like so much.

have fun and enjoy life
Charlie

afhm

According to the website the Americans, Angus, Herefords, Polled Herfords, Shorthorns and 1st division (4 classes) of exotics show Jan 31, the last 2 divisions (8 classes) of exotics show Feb 1 and around 2pm they will select the grand steer.

Telos

charlie4s said:
tels ,thanks for the vote of confidence. you might remember me from Houston a couple years back. we were stalled beside you and NT when y'all had triple x there. we had the Fancy dancer heifer you like so much.

have fun and enjoy life
Charlie

Ain't it a small world. I thought I should have known you, being from Texas. Yep, Red even has got a Triple X calf . It weighed  right at 75lbs.

Fancy Dancer is just now starting to really prove her value, even though she has been gone for quite a while. She's showing up in a lot of pedigrees lately. DMCC had some of the best Maine cows and still does.

Charlie, I had my heart issues about a year and a half ago. I've lost track, but I now get up at 2 am and work like a crazy man until about 3:00 pm. Along with some other issues... this "Modern Medicine" stuff is pretty remarkable.

sawboss

Charle4s,
    I am sorry to hear about your heart attack, if there is anything you need help with do not hesitate to call me.  I appreciate the good luck wishes we will need it, the boys are really working hard to get ready.  Who has your light weight steer?

charlie4s

Sawboss,
I'll get through this just fine, i'm just weak still which is going to keep me from going to Fort Worth but I should be ready for houston and the county steer show.
My light weight steer is in Joaquin under the care of your ag teacher.hehehe

have fun and enjoy life
Charlie

knabe

charlie4s said:
telos ,thanks for the vote of confidence. you might remember me from houston a couple years back. we were stalled beside you and znt when yall had triple x there. we had the fancey dancer heifer you like so much.

have fun and enjoy life
Charlie

ahhh, dalton,

charlie, look at FJH COUNTESS 400M 300739,  she's pretty nice.  wish i had a few of these two heifers.