fuddy duddy

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

i officially became an adult today.  the new levi's ads are completely insane.

there is no room in society for decency, restraint, sex within a marriage, the concept of marriage, love, etc.

my only hope is that this total lack of respect for life and family will condense it's lust for power and implode, rather than feed on itself through another world war and that i will live to see my grandchildren.

Bawndoh

I DEFINATELY agree to the "concept of marraige" one.  Also no concept of the "process of life".  Having babies with a few different men, and then picking one of the fathers to get married to when the children are already 10 years old.  Dont want to offend anybody, its just a huge nit pick of mine.  The technology and education of birth control has never been better, yet society is still not able to control births!

Simmymom1

knabe said:
i officially became an adult today.  the new levi's ads are completely insane.

there is no room in society for decency, restraint, sex within a marriage, the concept of marriage, love, etc.

my only hope is that this total lack of respect for life and family will condense it's lust for power and implode, rather than feed on itself through another world war and that i will live to see my grandchildren.

Knabe - I haven't seen it yet.  Who is in it and it must be bad for you to say that about it.   :mad:

shortyjock89

Might be the one where the two young people start gettin busy outside of an apartment and then once inside it, you find that it belongs to neither of them.  Never really see much of the jeans...except that they're coming off.

knabe

the unleash the beast on their website.  it annoys me even to spell it out.  you can find a link on drudge.  these ads are worse than the aber fitch and other similar ads.

perhaps this is really the end of parenting, which in the perfect democrat world, the state raises your kids and teaches them about age appropriate birth control in Kindergarten.

i guess one shouldn't be penalized with a baby for having fun.  it's really too bad that VD's aren't on the outside for both sexes.  out of site, out of mind. plays right into the whole virus is incurable marketing and you just have to "manage" the symptoms commercials and still have fun any way you can.

cowz

Fuddy Duddy!?!   Heck no!

I am now and forever boycotting LEVI's!   That is the crudest, most low class thing I have ever seen.   It is one thing to have the girls in bikini's selling cars......but this is the absolute worst.   

I am still shaking my 40 something head.  Who do you think gives the kids the $$$ to buy their stinking jeans, anyhow???   (Their mamas!  and if mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!) 

Sign me Prunella Prudeham....yikes!

cowz

As an afterthought....I just cannot stop wondering.....what age group are they targeting?  Jr.High, High School or college?

Show Heifer

At the point of being redundant....

What did you expect knabe?  Have you looked through the livestock magazines with the bull names and advertising tactics?
In a recent ad in Livestock Plus it showed a small pic of a bull /steer/heifer(?)  with a huge pic of a half dressed man with the words "Boy Toy".  Have you reviewed the semen catalogs and the names of the bulls?

So knabe, if we (meaning the show cattle industry) can market our products in such a manner and being directly marketed toward the youth, how can we expect a big company to act any different?
What age group are WE marketing too? Jr.high, High school, college?

WE CAN NOT HOLD OTHERS TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN WE HOLD OURSELVES.

All that being said, I agree with you 1000%.  I'm a prude. I admit it.

knabe

uhhhh.

without disagreeing with the advertising campaign of some nice people's bull,

i think i would have stressed what is so blatantly different about one bull whose ad campaign many, including myself disagreed with. 

i was distracted by the ad not to notice that he's far deeper with more volume than many of his half sibs.

i guess everything goes in cycles after the one-ups-manship runs out or variables.

Dusty

What gets me is that when you turn on prime time network television all the sitcoms draw their humor from sex.. 

inthebarnagain

Show Heifer said:
At the point of being redundant....

What did you expect knabe?  Have you looked through the livestock magazines with the bull names and advertising tactics?
In a recent ad in Livestock Plus it showed a small pic of a bull /steer/heifer(?)  with a huge pic of a half dressed man with the words "Boy Toy".  Have you reviewed the semen catalogs and the names of the bulls?

So knabe, if we (meaning the show cattle industry) can market our products in such a manner and being directly marketed toward the youth, how can we expect a big company to act any different?
What age group are WE marketing too? Jr.high, High school, college?

WE CAN NOT HOLD OTHERS TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN WE HOLD OURSELVES.

All that being said, I agree with you 1000%.  I'm a prude. I admit it.

I agree 100% too.  I think the most disgusting bull name of all is Money Shot, and it doesn't make sense until you see his picture.  I realize some people will still not get it.  It is GROSS and I wouldn't ever use him, even if he was clean because of it.

Dusty

To tell you the truth I had never even thought of Moneyshot's name in that way....  I doubt the breeder thought of it either.  It's probably one of those deals that if he could go back and change it he would I imagine

farmboy

oh my god, i just figured out the money shot thing... im sure its by pure accident adn coincidence but its kind of funny, i think hes a good bull

BIGTEX

Maybe one of Money Shot's sons could be called Happy Ending? I will say having a 2 yr. old and a 5 yr. old primetime T.V. is off limits.

inthebarnagain

zach said:
oh my god, i just figured out the money shot thing... im sure its by pure accident adn coincidence but its kind of funny, i think hes a good bull

Do you REALLY think it was an accident??  I mean how many times have you known people standing around the barn working cattle and the conversation turn bad quickly.  I could hear it now, "Hey do you know what that bull's face looks like???  Let's name him that, I am sure nobody will get it".

farmboy

quite frankly i would breed my cows to a bull named something vulgar as long as he throws good calves.

Money shot
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A money shot (also called a "money-making" shot[1]) is a provocative, sensational, or memorable sequence in a film, on which the film's commercial performance is perceived to depend.[2]

Origin
The term originates from mainstream feature filmmakers, who used the term "money shot" as slang for the image that costs the most money to produce.[3] For example, in an action thriller, an expensive special effects sequence of a dam bursting might be called the "money shot" of the film.

i chose to remove the rest of the paragraph for obvious reasons. i think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion....