Full Blood Maine Weekly Update

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

so yeah, double dabla, but then that's what midas is (at least on top of pedigree)

and other bulls.

Last edited:

knabe

and this bull

instead of making midas' sire a double dabla with one being deeper in the pedigre, above animals allow a double dabla in the same spot with two different combinations, with all 3 animals being reasonably thick. who knows if milk will suffer which usually does with thickness.

another sad point with maine's is that a few of them had the bull red alert in them, polleroid, limited edition, sooner, all 4 of which had no milk.

of course, some will mention they had the exception, but they would be rare.

so going back and eliminating known bad animals or defects from pedigrees is the goal while also making something thick with satisfactory or more milk.

might be impossible, but oh well. the pieces (embryo's) are in place

knabe

maybe make something like draft pick without the PHA but retain the thickness without it.

Maybe without cunia as well. it would tough.

Attachments

• draft pick.jpg
    draft pick.jpg
    970.2 KB · Views: 9

mark tenenbaum

Cumberland with various maine out of Studley and a Top Graft G daughter of one of the first Cumberland doners : Miss D Cumberland.. Studley and Top Draft both had way more maine in them than was listed. She worked hard: in Deertrail conditions but still weghed over 1700 there, and GOOD BWS. Her first calves were twin hiefers and she broke her shoulder It was pretty sad to starve her to keep the wight off and raise both one of which was undefaeated in every class at all the national deals two years running including Denver with a 4 month old calf. She had one useful son among several national show girls who was sired by a Sonny out of the Chelcie-of Stecks Doner of National Champions To the uninitiated Chelcie was a really cool light roan out of Double vision and a Draftpick cow . The bull-Top Fuel was as good a commercially oriented bull as Ive produced

Attachments

• IMG_4764.jpg  stella in commercial conditions.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg stella in commercial conditions.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

doc-sun

MMA GJ 902G A FULLBLOOD MAINE (SIRE IS 3/4 SHORTHORN AS WELL AS SIRE AND DAM OF HIS MOTHER) BULL WE ARE USING THIS FALL. WILL COLLECT HIM IN THE SPRING.

Attachments

• 902G.JPG
    902G.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 13

mark tenenbaum

MMA GJ 902G A FULLBLOOD MAINE (SIRE IS 3/4 SHORTHORN AS WELL AS SIRE AND DAM OF HIS MOTHER) BULL WE ARE USING THIS FALL. WILL COLLECT HIM IN THE SPRING.
He reminds me some of Manitous E Bay-Sired some deep ribbed good sized calves in thier recent sale His Go Daddy and Focus bulls didnt excite me until I saw the lot 18 and 19 heifers. Lot 18 is a knock out stone raving great one -Or its the freakiest best picture taken in years.

Last edited:

knabe

two old prints, one a mancelle, the other, mancelle durham cross

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    615.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    722.7 KB · Views: 7

mark tenenbaum

Crossbreds: I dont care-These are what I want to produce That roan really came on later and that red Canadian heifer (dont know her breeding) is my kinda sow

Attachments

• 3_bo_ma_B13K3547.png  Reserve champ b o roan nat jr maine hifer.png 1.png
    3_bo_ma_B13K3547.png Reserve champ b o roan nat jr maine hifer.png 1.png
    691.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Canadian Red maine heifer IMG_4832.jpg
    Canadian Red maine heifer IMG_4832.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 12

mark tenenbaum

The maines paved the way and dont get credit due for alot of cool cattle like that-You dont have to like them-Especially since this is a STEER SITE.-Ive seen alot of thick cattle like that that are great cows-As far as them being "sows" ITS a cattle thing dude-you have to be from the country LOL

knabe

that red Canadian heifer (dont know her breeding) is my kinda sow

yeah, found out she doesn't breed or loses calves. too funny. maybe her brisket has too much fat. i guess it takes a country bumpkin to ruin heifers by over feeding them so their briskets are fatter than a finished steer.

maybe you do know more than everyone. your sales sure look like it.

Last edited:

mark tenenbaum

Developed on Hi Roughage through spring shows ON DRYLOT FOR 2 months just hay in a real hot summer. Brought in 2 days before Iowa state fair-Just wanted hay Ate a little at the show, won her class . Went back on drylot had a 56 pound first calf-Thats her udder What was that about Compton or me having cattle too fat that can't raise a calf?

Attachments

• Attachmen (4).jpg red eating rouhage.jpg
    Attachmen (4).jpg red eating rouhage.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 7
  • red backdrop 1st show 20210418_112513.jpg
    red backdrop 1st show 20210418_112513.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0113.jpg red 2 days before iowa 2 (1).jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg red 2 days before iowa 2 (1).jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 7
  • red at iowa 3 IMG_0158.jpg
    red at iowa 3 IMG_0158.jpg