Full Tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bucker

I was considering feeding some Full Tank by Sunglo Feeds.  I have always used Beet Pulp in the past but thought I might try something different.  Can anyone tell me their experience with this product?

Thanks

kanshow

It is an excellent product.    We feed it instead of beet pulp. It is more palatable.   

herefordfootball

Full Tank is great!!!! It does wonders for those calves that need that bellied down look with some fill. We usually feed it about a month or two before show, but you can feed it later(couple weeks before show)and still get good results. We feed about four pounds a day per calf. Its down wonders for some of our framier calves.  (thumbsup)

TMJ Show Cattle

This will make someone mad,but i can't help that. Everything that has been developed both past and present has been tried one time or the other by myself and a whole lot of smarter cats than me.FULL TANK is the BEST product of it's kind that has ever been developed. BAR NONE!!! It is money well worth spent.Give them a very liberal amount when feeding.It WORKS wonders,but don't expect miracles.You can cut the Beet Pulp altogether or feed along with it,you can cut back on the amount of the other parts of the ration that you feed.Not drastic but at least 2lbs. per feeding per head.that's a savings of 1 bag of show feed every three days for three head.What you save in show feed will buy the full tank....Good luck.

Simmymom1

This is good news because we have a new heifer that is not in to the whole beet pulp thing.  She will not eat her feed if we put beet pulp in it.  I am going to try the "Full Tank" and see if she will take to it because she needs to have more of that fuller look to her, she is lacking in that department.  Thanks

ROAD WARRIOR

Full tank is an excellent product that is paletable to even the picky eaters or at least that has been my experience. Has anybody tried "Expansion" ? RW

stangs13

We are doubling up on the full tank and beet pulp! Full tank for the fill and the extra depth that comes along with the fill that beet pulp wont give. And the beet pulp to give that depth of rib and spring of rib. It is a whole lot more palatable than beet pulp thats for sure...try washing the beet pulp off before you feed it. It sure makes a difference for us whether or not she eats it.

jbh

Used Full Tank on my daughters steer last year.....started in January at a show....give him about an inch and 1/2 in the bottom of a McDonalds medium soft drink glass and NEARLY bloated him!  Go SLOW at first, but it will expand more than anything I've seen or used. HOWEVER, it is more of a "high" fill" and if your calf needs lower belly, I'd address that issure separately.

Moormans also has a product called RUMEN FILL that is nearly identical.  I used a bunch of it also, because I have a local dealer. 

rtmcc

We have been using Showmaster Full and Fresh and really like it.  The calves seem to like it also.  We went with the F & F because we can get it at our local feed store.  We will have to try the Sunglo product sometime if we run on to it.

stangs13

What do you think of the rumen fill? We are a Moormans dealer and I have seen it on the product list, but I was wondering how if compaired to full tank.

jbh

stangs13 said:
What do you think of the rumen fill? We are a Moormans dealer and I have seen it on the product list, but I was wondering how if compaired to full tank.

I really couldn't tell much, if any, difference between the two. Both are very similar looking pellets.

chambero

jbh said:
Used Full Tank on my daughters steer last year.....started in January at a show....give him about an inch and 1/2 in the bottom of a McDonalds medium soft drink glass and NEARLY bloated him!  Go SLOW at first, but it will expand more than anything I've seen or used. HOWEVER, it is more of a "high" fill" and if your calf needs lower belly, I'd address that issure separately.

Moormans also has a product called RUMEN FILL that is nearly identical.  I used a bunch of it also, because I have a local dealer. 

I got my son's steer too full (a little on the bloated side) at Fort Wort last year with it.  He probably ate a 1/2 to 1 scoop of it.  I will definitely keep using it, but it doesn't take much.

GONEWEST

So are you using it just at a show or everyday? I thought Brad and Chambero meant they used it at a show only and then some others seemed like they were feeding it everyday?

Jill

We use it just like beet pulp, when the heifers get to a condition we want to maintain we start upping the amounts in the feed and feed it daily, just remember like beet pulp it is a filler so if you're trying to put weight on the more you feed they less they are going to eat.  I agree with the statements that have been made, I  don't think there is a better product out there and it is much easier to handle than beet pulp.

herefordfootball

GONEWEST said:
So are you using it just at a show or everyday? I thought Brad and Chambero meant they used it at a show only and then some others seemed like they were feeding it everyday?

We get pretty good results feeding it about a month or two before show.

blackcows

GONEWEST said:

I work for Vigortone and Sunglo is one of our sister companies.  I spoke with one of the guys that helped develop the product to ask him how he suggested we feed the product to our 4H calves.  He said that for steers he would feed it only at the shows, no need to feed it prior, it can be used for fill at the shows.  For heifers he said many people were using it to develop heifers.  He suggested that using it on a daily basis would help fill and expand the gut and therefore give the heifers a fuller and deeper appearence.  He recomended we feed our heifer calves (this years calves) about a pound per head per day.  For our yearling heifers he suggested about 2 pounds per head per day.

Mike

TMJ Show Cattle

Blackcows your statement is true. That is how we feed heifers. We also use it to weaned calves from the get go.

Latest posts