Full Tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShortyJ13

i heard that this would be a good supplement to start my show calves on but i cant find much information on it. the packaging has no ingredients and i dont know anyone who has every used it. im not really a fan of giving my animals something that im clueless about sooo....
can anyone help me out  ::)

BCCC

zach said:
i thought full tank was just a show day thing?
No its nto just for show day you canuse it daily also

ShortyJ13 said:
i heard that this would be a good supplement to start my show calves on but i cant find much information on it. the packaging has no ingredients and i dont know anyone who has every used it. im not really a fan of giving my animals something that im clueless about sooo....
can anyone help me out  ::)
I havent ever heard of starting out calves on full tank it is pelleted beet pulp so unless you would start your calves on beet pulp I wouldnt start them on Full Tank, I would However start them on grass hay for the first few days you have them and then throw in a good comercail stater in with them only a couple pounds fo reach calf and then gradually work your way up to getting them on full feed, and then on showday or any other time you would use beet pulp is when you use full tank. Any Questions just ask

BCCC

Yes thats exactly what it is, full tank is pelleted beet pulp meaning if you feed the same amount of full tank as beet pulp you will get about 3x times more fill. Or vice versa. It is a great product, that I use ALL time I use it any time I would normally feed beet pulp. It is also a great product to use on young calves at their first show to get them to eat and drink.

kanshow

It works in a lot of situations.. keeps them on feed, holding rations, helps to loosen up or deepen tighter gutted animals, gives you good fill when you need it.    However, it is not something you want to use a lot of if you are pushing for weight gain. 

We feed it at a very low rate to start out with & then increase as needed.  We also might pick it up a bit for the weekend of a show and then drop it off some when we get home. 

Just a side note..  BCCC, have you ever put some in water to see how much it expands?    Kinda cool.    I have a customer who had the roof ripped off of her barn during a tornado earlier this year.  Apparently a couple bags of soaking wet Full Tank are a sight to see. 

Latest posts