fullbloods

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

what are the top 5 fullblood cows in the maine breed (amaa number) that are ALIVE that are sound throught their pasterns, hocks, and hooks to pins.  can be any size, even linebred smaller ones like in north carolina that are not shown.  whether they are shown or not is not an issue.  a little frame diversity in the five is a good thing.  pattern/horned doesn't matter either.  a separate criteria would be to throw in that mix, excellent udder.  some diversity with respect to cunia as well if there any without him, as well as with him.

Jill

There is a list of fullblood breeders that went together and started the fullblood show, you might try getting that list and emailing those folks, they should be able to give a little better idea coming from an actual breeder.  I know there are a lot of really knowlegable pedigree people on this board, but what looks good on paper doesn't necessarily come through in the actual breeding. 
I don't have an answer to your actual question, haven't really followed the fullbloods, we breed for show ring and red and white doesn't usually do well in the purebred classes. 

Telos

Knabe, I've been trying to decipher your new avatar. Is that the locknest monster?

Many of us forget there was some tremendous fullblood cows imported from across the ocean. MCCH and Morris would be my picks of herds to look for the best fullblood cows that are living. JJN had some really good ones too, but I think he sold most of them.

Jill

I agree there are some really good fullbloods out there, they are just like a really well kept secret.

Joe Boy

The Fort Worth show in January would be a good place to meet many FB breeders.  Mike Morris will be there along with many from Texas.  Some are breeding almost solid red cattle.  There will be a sale and some really good one in the show.  There is a breeder in Wisconcin, I think, cannot remember his name, but he has lots of reds and they are polled.  He gets his bulls from Canada.  I will try to get some names for you....

red

Townsends in Michigan also has some Fullbloods. Best bet would be to look in the Voice, the Fullblood breeder often have some special listings.

Red

Latest posts