Fundraisers for 4-H clubs: Anyone every try Cow-Pie Bingo?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

When I was a 4-H leader  over 10 years ago our club started Cow Pie Bingo at the county fair and would run about 3-4 bingos during the fair!  A great way to raise easy money for your club!  Something I ran onto and it was an easy way to raise money for the club!

We would use 4 ten by ten panels and make a square pen on grass!  Then using white spray paint we would make 10 X 10 foot sqares  or 100 foot squares!  We wouldn't mark the numbers on the ground just make up different number scemes on paper for the 3-4 different bingos!  You can charge anywear from 2-5$ or more per sqare!  Half to the winner and half to the club!  100 or $250 per bingo to the club and they were easy to sell as people loved to watch the bingo.  As soon as you had a bingo sold,  get a calf up and walk them out, make sure and take them as soon as they get up!  We would have a kid walk behind the calf to hold the tail in to keep the premature DUMPING from happening!  Have someone as a judge and once they do their duty, pick the square with the most!

Easy and fun!

Just an Idea I thought I'd share!

Tony

Showmom

Our 4-H Council did it at our county fair last summer.  I think they only made about $100 and part of that was because winners donated their winnings back to the council.

justme

Our community betterment group did it and made quiet a bit of money.  They sold square for $5 a square.  Big success and so funny watching people wait for my daughters cow to pooh!

farwest

Tony I call bs on this one. I did some research in your area and there is no record of you being a 4 h leader. Only thing I found was you were a brownies leader in 1988. Have you confused scouts and 4 h. We need to post true and accurate info on this board. 

RSC

farwest said:
Tony I call bs on this one. I did some research in your area and there is no record of you being a 4 h leader. Only thing I found was you were a brownies leader in 1988. Have you confused scouts and 4 h. We need to post true and accurate info on this board. 
LOL!  Haven't seen you post much lately been kind of boring on the Planet!  Without you or Show Heifer posting much it has been kind of dull on here!  We need you two around to spice it up a little!  With you two the board is a Spicy HOT Burritto without it's plain white rice!  (lol)

Tony