FUNGUS AMONG US!

Help Support Steer Planet:

reno1014

We have a really cute Hairy Bear steer that really hasnt ever "taken off" he has weighed 850 lbs for the last six months.  He had been wormed
and fed really well.  He has always had lots of hair, which is great except we have been fighting dry skin all year.  In November he got this
bad case of a fungus stuff on his twist (the area between back legs) and down one back leg and behind a foreleg on his side.  It is crusty and
icky.  I have been scrubbing and putting Fungus Fighter on it.  It is starting to look better but now he is hairless in these places.  I dont know what
else to do but we have three weeks til showtime.  I have been putting vitamin e baby oil on these spots to help stimulate hair growth.
What else can I do?  By the way he eats like a FAT HOG.  He is not skinny, he is wide as a freight train and has nice cover.  Is he just a
midgit, with constant skin disorders?  He was going to be our Ft. Worth steer, but I am considering taking another instead.  Anyone else
every had these problems?

JoeDirt

take a picture ans show us what you mean by Fungus......  it might be ring worm.......A picture is worth a thousand words

inthebarnagain

Get some stuff from Vittetoe that is called Stop N Gro.  It is a feed additive that will eliminate a lot of skin conditions, including ringworm.  Plus, black walnut and iodine are the main ingredients in it and they are used by herbalists for parasites so you are getting a double bonus when you feed it.