fungus on steer, now what??

Help Support Steer Planet:

GREENHAND

clipped our steers hooves this weekend and to our surprise one has a large area of fungus just behind the sheath area back around the scrotam area.  there is some patches of hair loss, what can i do to kill it quick.  is there any hope of hair growth in a six week timeline?  THANKS TO EVERYONE

okcc

I have used a product Called M.T.G.(maine tail growth) for Quite a while . IT works wonders for me and will kill just about any fungus in less than a week. About ten days of continueous use and you should see hair tring to grow back. The key to best results is picking fungus off and apply directly to skin. Im not sure who makes MTG but you should find a your local feed/ ranch suuply store. Good Luck!

GREENHAND

I WILL TRY TO LOCATE THIS PRODUCT TOMORROW, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF USING FLUD FILM ON CATTLE?  WE HAVE USED IT TO CONTROL A RINGWORM OR TWO, BUT NOT A BIG OUTBREAK LIKE THIS.

Cowboy

M-T-G made by Shapley's

www.shapleys.com

Used for but not limited to Horses -- controls all kinds of Fungus, Rain Rot, Scratches (Skin disease in horses), Tail Rubbing and dry skin problems --

Kind of spendy, but I use it on our horses tails and manes, or anywhere there is a skin problem. They grow hair FAST -- once per week or every day if needed -- can grow 3 inches per month of tail hair on a horse.

Used it on a patch of ring worm -- skin was soft and supple the next morning, and in less than 5 days had hair growing back.

SPENDY -- almost 25 bucks a quart -- but it works. Fluid Film will keep the skin from scabbing over too --

Any way -- hope that helps

Terry