furnace setting

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Its been so cold here and propane so high, my husband broke down last week and bought one of those EdenPURE heaters that Paul Harvey talks about.  Our furnace is set on 60 and that little heater is keeping in about 66 and my furnace hardly runs all day.  I do wear a sweatshirt but its endurable. 

justintime

After working outside in the cold all day, I like to come into a warm house. Anything under 70 degrees is not my idea of being warm. We keep our thermostat set at 72 degrees and only turn it up when it is really cold. Last Monday and Tuesday, we experienced -52 degrees F with the wind chill, Believe me, I made sure the thermostat was turned high enough to keep the house warm. If that makes me a wimp.... well, I guess I am proud to be one!!!! We are on natural gas which is a nice clean, and fairly economical fuel source. We have been on natural gas for about 15 years now, and my heating bill is still less than 1/2 of what it was when we heated with furnace oil back then.

As I tell my wife, 100 years from now it really won't matter how much our heating bill was. In the meantime, I plan on being comfortable!

doubled

Day time around 65 and when we come home like 68 here in Iowa.

KDSC

justme said:
Paul Harvey talks about.

I hate listening to paul Havey,  Well I have bought a bunch of heat lamps, to keep my barn warm, right now my barn is about 90 degrees-95 degrees