Gas Milage!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

enviro, lefto's love to mention we consume 25% of the worlds oil, yet only hav e 3% of the reserves.  i'm thinking that if we used quotas and affirmative action for everything, just so we could replace christ with idealism of equality, the earth is in trouble.  markets were made so people can trade and offset distribution of natural resources with an exchange unit.  the world has gotten a lot better because america uses oil. lefto's do not want capitalism, they want equality, and will tax any disparity as a means to impose equality on the market, mistakenly believing they are providing the most efficient means of producing and transporting goods and services.

i'm pretty much extremely bitter this.  I'm thinkinng saudi arabia's most successful export product is madrassas, not oil.  it basically is imposing moral relativism and neutrality, but also the superiority of anything that is not american.  we have become weak, and will not stand up for ourselves at all anymore.

the pope came here to tell us about we need to import more illegals and that we are morally bankrupt about this.  why doesn't the vatican do the same thing?  and what did bush do?  nothing, just took it like the weak man he is.  perhaps the pope is merely looking for future revenues (they are the largest land owners or close to it, in the world, the catholic church that is) from patrons, as the catholic church is on a revenue decline, and illegals, predominantly hispanic, are largely catholic.

linnettejane

red said:
wow, I paid $2.50 at Walmart for skim last week. Might have been sale price but I think normal is $3.69.

Red

its probably that cheap here at our walmart...i just figured by the time i drove the extra 20 miles to get there id be paying 4.99 a gallon with the gas included at walmart....i normally dont have to make an errand for just one thing....i try to buy enough to last a whole week, one trip to town, sunday morning to church and then grocery store afterwards....3 gallons usually does us a week....guess i need to start picking up 4....

jason

kanshow said:
My BIL makes biodiesel ..  His cars all smell like bad french fries..  On the upside, he's lost weight since starting to use it because he can't stand to eat fried foods anymore.   

We have a  97 power stroke and the MPG on it is around 15-17, it's a one ton 4 x4, if that makes any difference.    I drive a 4 x 4  Ford V10 gas 3/4 and get around 12 - 14.

I have been interested in doing something like that.  I have a diesel truck and a diesel jetta, so I could really out the biodiesel to good use.  I guess I need to check on a good supply of waste oil.

I also have seen people running straight waste oil (no refinement into biodiesel), with a filter setup, but I have heard that it is a ticking time bomb. 

kanshow

Jason, It must be fairly simple.  He has a lot of waste product - glycerol - that he needs to find a use for but otherwise it works for him.  I don't think he runs it much in the winter months though because he's had gelling up problems with it.    Let me know if you want to get in touch with him.. he loves to talk biodiesel.   

what year is your v-10?? and what diesel engine does your 97 have in it?
   2003  and not sure - that's hubby's area of expertise - I know it is a powerstroke and he put some sort of aftermarket chip in it.   

Doc

fluffer said:
I am in the grocery biz and can tell you Walmart will sell anything in their store at a loss just to be lower then the comp.  Even if we were not in comp with them, I would still not shop there- even if they do have lower prices!  They sell cheap stuff that is made in China, Japan etc.  They don't support American Made. 

I think we might as well settle in to the fact that gas is going to be over $5.00 soon.  It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.  I don't think it matters who gets in the whitehouse this fall.  Until we can trill in Alaska and off the coast and become more self sufficient in terms of oil, we will be paying through the nose.  :-\

Fluffer

Fluffer, Have you read "The Wal-Mart Effect"? It's a little heavy at times, but very,very enlightening! Their business practices & philosophies are very scary!!

Latest posts