Generations of Excellence Consignments, Creston, Iowa

Help Support Steer Planet:

mechanic

I posted pictures of these heifers a while ago but thought I would repost them with an invitation to everyone to attend the Generations of Excellence sale in Creston, Iowa. We are very happy with our offering and feel that they represent our program here at Hunt Farms quite well.
1/ Jan. 30 Salute x Hunt Farms Estelle 30M
2/ Mar. 15 HVR GOLD x NJM KOOL Nicole
3/ Mar. 20 HVR GOLD x Hunt Farms Robyn 17R
4/ Mar. 13 HVR GOLD x Red Rose GS Raggedy Ann 2P

The last picture is of the CF Prosperity X Lakeside Royal Rosemary heifer that we purchased in last years sale from B-Good Livestock. She is indicative of the quality that you can find at this sale. We were quite fortunate to purchase a full siter to her mother at Shadybrooks sale last weekend.

Hope to see some of the Steer Planet gang in the seats.

Jim Murray
Hunt Farms

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 444

justme

I'll be there mechanic.  Bought a nice sin city x simmi shorthorn plus heifer from Mitch there last year.  Really disappointed there isn't more maines though.  Good luck!

mechanic

Attachments

• DSC_0558.JPG
    DSC_0558.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 378
  • B-Good Rosemary 4T.jpg
    B-Good Rosemary 4T.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 386

justme

You really need to resize these before you post...I cann't see the whole calf at once

Malinda

Hey Jim,

How's that Conductor heifer doing? I hope she is as broody looking now as she was as a calf. I saw a REALLY flashy month old Conductor heifer two weeks ago; wish she was in my pasture! The folks that raised the heifer you bought have a Conductor son they are planning on bringing to the next Ohio Beef Expo. I saw him about a month ago and he has been on grass all summer and he is a tank.

The Conductor son I got at the Expo (Phenom)  is doing well. He weighed 1480# earlier this week. He got set back a little when he got home from Tenn. Somehow he got a deep cut in his right rear foot, between his hooves. His leg swelled, got hot to the touch and he was off feed for a whole week. Then, it took me a week to get him back on his grain (afraid of foundering him if I started back too quick). He never did get lame, but he sure felt bad. Temp stayed at 103 for a few days. I bet he lost 50-75#. So, he is behind where I wanted him at this stage, but am pleased with 1480# for no more feed than he is getting. I was supposed to leave with Phenom yesterday to go to the Keystone but decided to stay home; I refuse to pay $720 + tax for motel rooms! Decided to just take him to Louisville and then 'retire' him to the pasture.

Good luck with your consignments to the sale; hope they do well for you.

Malinda

mechanic

Hi Malinda: The conductor heifer we bought at Ohio is continuing to impress us. She is growing into a tremendously broody female. I bred her to calf in may to a DF Gold Eagle x Missie Ruth bull that Glenrothie Shorthorns purchased from Shadybrook 2 years ago at the sale. The calves off of him have been very moderate in birth weight and have grown out quite well. We are looking forward to the mating. Hope to see you in Louisville. We will be showing a feb. Muridale Buster son that we own with Uluru and B-Good that we purchased out of the Sun Country Bull sale. I think Bob was going to post a picture on here of him.

Jim

mechanic

Resized the Salute heifer picture and the B-Good Rosemary picture. Hope these are better. I must have read Jason's post a dozen times before i figured it out. I finally had to get my 13 year old to do it for me. Does anyone know how to delete the big ones off of here.

Attachments

• B-Good Rosemary 4T###.jpg
    B-Good Rosemary 4T###.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 228
  • estelle 130u.jpg
    estelle 130u.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 211