Generator's

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chap34

Call Sullivans @1-800-475-5902.  They were very helpful in explaining how many watts clippers, blowers, fans and lights will use. 

jason

Buy bigger than you need and I also recommend go with a diesel generator too, quite a bit more expensive though

4Ts4H

I have also been looking into purchasing a generator.  Here is what I have found.

Blowers w/ the heat on will pull around 23 amps.  If you take the 23 amps X 120 volts = 2760 watts.  They require more to start up, but this can be minimized if you turn each fan and the heater on in slow sucesssion rather than all at once.  Anyone who has had to endure the sub-par wiring in most cattle barns already knows this!

If you wish to run lights and clippers w/ the blower, the lights can be figured at their stated wattage and clippers only draw nominal amps.

If you wish to run fans also, these can be figured in the same manner based on the rating of the fan motor.

BTW, look into Harbor Freight Tools, they have the best rated generators at the best price point that I have found.  And if there is a retail store close to you, you could save some serious shipping charges!

SWMO

Noise suppression now wouldn't that be the cat's meow.  Do you think that it's wishful thinking?

knabe

i keep giving away my great ideas for free.  they must not be good ideas.

my biggest complaint about the generators and blowers is that they are always on when the judge is talking and no one can understand him and coupled with the usually lousy PA system, it's really annoying.

red

plus they can scare a calf half to death when walking by them. Had one that almost went off the ledge at the Ohio fairgrounds.

Red