Georgia Beef Futurity

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Who's all going to the Georgia Beef Futurity in Perry, Ga in July? I just mailed my entries today.  I can't wait to go, it's my favorite show! (clapping)

EONF

Hi,
I got my forms of a 4-H website > http://www.georgia4h.org/public/edops/stateanimaled/jrbeeffuturity/default.htm <.
Does anybody know if they allow fan cages? It will be my first year so I'm kind of confused about the no hanging fans rule.
By the way, what are you guys bringing?

shortdawg

We sent our entry forms in today. The deadline is June 1st. We are taking probably five calves. We'll have the two white shorthorn heifers, a white shorthorn steer, a hereford steer, and maybe a little roan heifer that my boy raised. She is nice but will be a little moderate(she is for sale). The fan deal at Perry is that you can't use butt fans. Only fans that mount above the cattle may be used. It's a safety issue and they are strict on it. All info and rules are on www.georgiaclubcalves.org  for anyone interested in going. I think it's open to the surrounding states.

SKF

I am bringing one steer and two heifers and my brother is brining two steers and one heifer. My friend is bringing his shorthorn steer. If this is your first time going it's a big show. last year they had a little over 700 calves. It's a real fun show!!

shortdawg

It is a big show and if you've never been to the GA Nat'l Fairgrounds you've missed a great place to show cattle. I've been to a lot of places but I think the facilities there are as good as any in the nation.

bluegrass

I agree with ya shortdawg, Perry is one of the best places going for cattle shows, and we have had a lot of success getting cattle sold there in the past.