Georgia Jr. Beef Furturity

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Who's all going to be at the Georgia Jr. Beef Furturity next week? We will be there with 3 commercial heifers, 2 maine steers, 1 commercial steer and 1 shorthorn steer. Good Luck to everyone!!!

shortdawg

We will be there with three SH heifers , a SH steer, and a Hereford steer. Look us up( Cook County).

SKF

We will try to look you up. We will be with the Florida people (charlotte Co.). Have you heard how many entries this year?

shortdawg

I'm not sure but, I would guess in the 600-700 range. It's usually a big show. No guaranteed prize money but, they give away a lot of feed and other prizes. Usually those big calf silouettes, sweatshirts, director chairs, and stools. They also do a top 5 overall for steers and heifers.

shortdawg

I went by your stalls a couple of times but didn't see anybody. We are in the 3rd aisle from the front on the same side of the barn you all are on. We had a pretty good day - 9th in 6th grade showmanship, a good job in 4th grade showmanship, 3rd in the AOB class with the Hereford, and a class winner and Reserve Champion Shorthorn with the Jake's Proud Jazz steer. There were some great calves in that overall final drive. The heat has been tough on us and the cattle. If it wasn't for those afternoon showers it would be bad.

SKF

Congrats on the win with the shorthorn. He is a nice steer. A friend of ours was in the 2nd shorthorn class with a big red and white steer. He took 4th. We've done okay so far a 3rd, 6th, and 9th. I was very happy with the 3rd because it was a calf we bred. He was in the 1st crossbred class of steers and took 3rd out of 11. Showmanship both of the calves the kids used acted up! I will look for you tomorrow. They moved our stalls becasue when we got there someone else was in our stalls so we are 1666-1673. Good luck with the heifer show!!! ;D

shortdawg

Great group of heifers in the Shorthorn show. We were 2nd in the Oct. class and 7th in the Sept. class. The winner of the Sept. class went on to be Reserve Supreme Champion over all breeds. My son's heifer that he bred was 2nd her class in the commercial division. Great show and the judge was pretty consistent for the most part.

SKF

Who won overall steer and heifer? I was unable to sit and watch the end of the show. Our heifers did not do to much. My daughters one heifer took 5th out of 11. I thought the judge was very consistent in his placings the only complaint was that he only gave his reason on his placing for the first five or four claves. I like when they talk about all the calves in the class so you can learn. Shortdawg- Congrats to your boys for doing so well. There was a lot of good calves there.

shortdawg

The Overall heifer was a Chi and Reserve was the SH that won the Sept. class. The Overall steer was the commercial followed by I think a smoke.