Georgia National Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

The GA Nat'l Fair is coming up soon and I'm attaching a Livestock Schedule for those of you that may be interested in going. All other info is on www.georgianationalfair.com

Attachments

• GANAT'L07.pdf
    23.6 KB · Views: 528

red

Thanks Shortdawg!
What are you taking? Are there any clear cut front runners?

Red

shortdawg

We are taking three SH heifers, a Hereford steer, and a SH steer. It's hard to say much about frontrunners because there will be a lot of calves at this show that we haven't seen yet. I'd like to think we have a shot at doing well in the steer deal because we were Reserve SH at the Futurity. Our oldest Oct. heifer has won her class her last two times out. The older heifer is in a class with some that could win most anywhere. The little Oct. is a bred and owned and a little moderate so we'll show her in commercial. She was 2nd in class her only time shown. Who knows with the Hereford. We plan to stay and show in the open SH show next week with our two white heifers and the new spring bull calf out of Proud Jazz. He is a puppy dog. I got him here Sat. and washed and dried him in a chute. Then Mon. I washed and dried him on a slab we wash on and now he comes up to me without a halter to be scratched. Three days and he's as broke as the ones we've had all year.

red

Don't you love those kind? My heifers this year are like that too. The ones I'm not working with just beg for a body rub. I think they miss the attention.

Red

shortdawg

Not too bad of a first day. My youngest son did a great job in showmanship and my older son was fourth over all in sixth grade showmanship ( a little over 50 kids ). Heifers tomorrow and steers Sunday.

shortdawg

1st in class with the bred and owned SH heifer ( shown commercial ), 4th with the Oct. SH heifer, 10th with the Sept. SH heifer ( Deep, deep, class with Grand & Reserve at the top of the class ), 4th with the Hereford steer, and 1st with the SH steer. Pretty good overall. We ended up with 2 showmen in the top 10 in showmanship. :)

SKF

Congrats!  (clapping)  Who won grand and res.?

CCCattleco5

WOW what a show haha, cant say im not mad. i guess you could say i like winnin a little to much after I won 2 classes and 4th in a class that i probably would have won if my other 2 didnt win already. My march bred an own won her class more handly than i thought she would, then my Oct who has won almost every angus show she has been to won her class but didnt get anything in the final drive. My september got 4th to some pretty good calves. But every judge has his own opinion and with winnin comes losin i rather get done witht the losin haha o ya i got 4th in showmanship out of 7 heats of my grade could have done better but 2 of my heifers werent eating, which made them not very cooperative and the healthy one is the worst one out of the bunch. Anyways congrats to Katie Gazda and Katie Lents 2 seniors at their last fair gettin grand and reserve they earned it congrats once again. Next for me is Louisville maybe ill cya yall there. O ya saturday was an awful day because i lost and the dawgs lost but i still love them GGGGGOOOOOOOO DDDDAAAAWWWWGGGGSSSS Sic'em WOOF WOOF WOOF  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)