Get Serious Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

OKshorthorn

This is the little heifer that we had trouble with her mom and had to do a C-sec, the cow didn't make it. She is a mess!! She would eat a quart of replacer every hour if we would let her! She is getting stronger every day and we sure hope she makes it! She is 4 days old and out of Get Serious, let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cud3aKzoMsM

OKshorthorn

Here are some more pictures!

Attachments

• LB 001.jpg
    LB 001.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 165
  • LB 002.jpg
    LB 002.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 167
  • LB 005.jpg
    LB 005.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 187
  • LB 004.jpg
    LB 004.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 171

Will

She looks good. We had a twim the cow would not take this spring.  My son named her no love since her mother did not love her.  He fed her 4 times a day.  She was eating a bag of milk replacer every 8 days.  You can not tell she was a bottle calf and actually won her class at the county fair a couple weeks ago. By the way he still feeds her one bottle every morning.  Could be the most expensive calf I own.

Attachments

• Ryan and no love.jpg
    Ryan and no love.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 178

OKshorthorn

Did he feed her 2 quarts of repalcer 4 times a day? We have gone back and forth, she would eat however much we give her but are afraid of milk scours, this is a first for us! Did you have any trouble with that?

Will

We started out with one quart 4 times a day and within ten days to two weeks we had her to a full bottle four times a day.  We used savacalf medicated and never had any scours.  Probably a little more exspensive but worth it to prevent my son from any heart ache.  She is one of the few calves that I have bottle fed that never got the scours.  I like the savacalf because it mixes really easy. It runs us about $34 for a 20# bag.

jallen

cute as hell she looks good and is very pretty I wish you the best of luck with her. Keep us posted.