getting ready for fall fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

Please comment with advice, suggestions, critiques, etc. These heifers are entered in a show the 2nd weekend of October.  Thanks.

Attachments

• 5u#2.JPG
    5u#2.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 373
  • 21uclipped.JPG
    21uclipped.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 364

showstick09

I'm not really what you would call a good critiquer... but I think they look great! lol Let us know how they do.

bcosu

agreed. i think you have quite a pair of angus heifers. these are heifers that you can do alot with breeding wise. so, if the competition is real steep, don't be discouraged because you have a couple good heifers here.

6M Ranch

I like your website, very pretty country.  I imagine the winters might get cold!  Heifers look decent.  Could use a little more extension, but otherwise seem nice.

Telos

I think they look great!!!

As for more extension... They look to have plenty IMO, but I am not a good crtiquer either. I would be proud to have heifers that looked like those.

worthabit

Thanks for the comments, as for extension, I think the first heifer could use more but I think the second has plenty.

Yes, it gets cold here, however, not like out in JIT'S part of the country! 

When I read about all of the destruction the hurricanes cause down in the US, I can live with putting on a pair of gloves and touque!

I just came in from the barn where we had a cow bloated, I gave her two bottles of anti-gas but before that  she fell in the chute and expelled quite a bit of "stuff" from both ends. She is much better but is still blown up. What do we do next?

Cattledog

worthabit said:
I just came in from the barn where we had a cow bloated, I gave her two bottles of anti-gas but before that  she fell in the chute and expelled quite a bit of "stuff" from both ends. She is much better but is still blown up. What do we do next?

Well a vet call couldn't hurt.  If she looks like she is getting to big again you need to keep her moving.  I don't know if you have a trocar but if you can't get the bloating to stop you may need to use this emergency procedure to relieve the gas.  This is a last resort!  If you let her get too big it can put too much pressure on the heart.  Good luck....bloat is a scary beast!  Let us know how things go!

Latest posts