Getting ready!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Ok gals, this is mainly for us! As I'm packing up stuff & getting it ready for the Expo, I realized how much time went into the ordeal!
I've been baking goodies & getting the little odds & ends together for the extras that you need. Of course at the top of my list is my coffee maker! I can't go anywhere without dragging that thing along. Have upteem loads of laundry to do. Hubby also sweetly threw down coveralls & coats & asked for them to be washed.
I worked on marketing materials & pictures for our display. Went out w/ the camera & got updated pictures.
Need to load the truck. Have to get all the show supplies together & the show box loaded. Cleaned the fan cage, mats, grooming chute & buckets. Not least, need to be still rinshing the heifer twice daily & walking her.
Have to get things written down for whomever is doing our chores while we're gone. Have a heart to heart talk w/ Killer Kitty on not bitting the person feeding him while we're gone. Spend extra time w/ the blue heeler because he gets depressed when we're gone.
No wonder my head in feeling like it's exploding!!! ;)

(cow)
Red

red

And of course to top it off, a heifer that wasn't supposed to calve till late next; her water bag just broke.
(cow)

Red

Showcalves

My hubby usually comes in and asks if I've gotten all of his stuff packed.  I just have to think, "Um, if I didn't who would've, the packing fairy?"  (lol)  Have a great time at the Expo.

Melinda

Show Heifer

I wish you the very best of luck at the Expo and keep us updated! (clapping)
One thing I never pack, but always wish I would have is thick baby wipes....great for fingers, cleaning show halters, etc!!!
Say hello to everyone! :)

red

New calf last night. all went well.
Worse thing that happened is that my poor old computer crashed on me. Just got it running enough to put the internet back on. LOL
Gidget- did you jinx me?
Will have a great time. AI'd a cow this morning. Pouring down rain.

Red

Latest posts