Gibler Dispersal

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Ok, maybe I have lost my mind, but didn't they have a dispersal sale a couple of months ago?

kanshow

They did or at least it was a very near dispersal.  I was talking to them before that sale and it sounded like they may have held just a few back. 

itk

They did cut numbers back a few months ago. I'm sure Paul's passing is the reason for selling the rest of the cows. If Alden's, Green Ridge and numerous others can have multiple dispersions so can Giblers. I'm sure I will get some arguments but to me Paul was the most underratted Shorthorn breeder in the country. I wish them nothing but the best and hope the buyers appreciate the program behind the cattle.

Jill

He knew every cow and every calf she had ever had and could tell you who had purchased every one of her calves.  One of the most down to earth people you will ever meet in the cattle business.  Hope they have a great sale, I just didn't think they had any cattle left is why I asked the question.  Aegerter Marketing Service is handling the sale for anyone that didn't get the email.

BCCC

Ok say the sale starts at noon and ends at 8pm, so you call at 3pm and there is already 4 bids on the calf, say it started at 1,000 and by the time you got to her it was 4,000, ok well say no one else bids onit and whne 8pm comes around they do a a "call back" and call back every person that has bid on a calf, so they call the first person that bid on the calf and tell them where its at and they can bid higher or say no, and so on and so forth its basicly a very long bidding process, hope that helps