Gigilo Joe

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstud

I used Gigilo Joe on my shorthorn heifer...what kinda of calf can i expect. Color??? birth weight??? etc.....

justme

My calves have all been fairly small and came unassisted.  You could any color under the moon to be honest lol.  I had 2 red calves out of black cows last year, one a baldy and one solid red.  This year I have 3 black ones.  But I think its fun that way...kinda like Christmas you never know what color your gonna get (lol) (lol)

showstud

So he's a box of chocolates bull....you never know what you gonna get!!!!! (lol)

Show Steaks

i'd guess they will come unassisted any color, had a red one out of a black cow. calves will be thick haired

Stihlpro

knabe said:
gigolo joe is black, but carries red and spotted.  after that, i don't know.

I have had four so far and one I had this morning looked red (it was dark and raining hard).  I thought I was just seeing things.  This is good to know.  The others have had alot of white on them (granted mamas are all blaze face).  Two have been around 70lbs and 2 have been bigger (90 plus).  The two big ones came from mamas who consistantly have big calves.

walter

I had four calves out of 5 to 7 year old cows and never pulled a calf out of any of them in the past.One calved buy her self . I pulled the other three ,they were 105 to 125 lbs. not a show steer in the group , all went to the sale barn.