Gigolo Joe Sexed Semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

Well we officially have sexed semen from Gigolo Joe so for all of you that either called or PM'd me, give me a PM if you are still interested.  <party>  Gigolo Joe is currently at Trans Ova for sexed semen collection.  All sexed semen will be shipped from Trans Ova.  If you are using the semen to flush Trans Ova recommends using three units of the 5ml and if you are just breeding females to use the 2ml.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Juli Nelson

TJ

If you don't mind my asking, how much is 3 straws of 5ml sexed GJ semen? 

common sense

TJ said:
If you don't mind my asking, how much is 3 straws of 5ml sexed GJ semen? 

A package of three 5ml. units is $1000.  The 2ml straws are $115 each.

TMJ Show Cattle

Hey Mrs. Nelson, I saw your trailer at the Pioneer Showdown.Was wondering if some of you from southwest Iowa came up together?

common sense

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Hey Mrs. Nelson, I saw your trailer at the Pioneer Showdown.Was wondering if some of you from southwest Iowa came up together?

No I wasn't there.  There were some kids from my area that borrowed our trailer.

Jill

What is there to complain about, this is no different than any dozens of other posts on the main board???

BIGTEX

This topic definitely deserves the attention! I was wondering if I bred GJ to some purebred Limi heifers would the F1 cross effect the BW(increase)?they are not high BW on their side either. $115 seems very reasonable.

common sense

Jill said:
What is there to complain about, this is no different than any dozens of other posts on the main board???

I wondered that too, Jill.  No big deal though.  I wondered if that meant that we can't post calf pictures on the forum page.

common sense

BIGTEX said:
This topic definitely deserves the attention! I was wondering if I bred GJ to some purebred Limi heifers would the F1 cross effect the BW(increase)?they are not high BW on their side either. $115 seems very reasonable.

Tex, I can't give you a factual answer to that question but I don't know why it would change the BW expecially if the females are bred for calving ease.  I am guessing this would be a good question for KNABE.

Juli

showsteerdlux

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
Jill said:

I wondered that too, Jill.  No big deal though.  I wondered if that meant that we can't post calf pictures on the forum page.
As its said you know you have somethin when other people get worried. i'd take it as a compliment of sorts.

TJ

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
BIGTEX said:

Tex, I can't give you a factual answer to that question but I don't know why it would change the BW expecially if the females are bred for calving ease.  I am guessing this would be a good question for KNABE.

Juli

I'm no expert, but F1 matings probably do slightly increase the BW.  However, heifer calves are typically lighter & typically come easier than bull calves.  Notice I said typically.  So I think in this case, any potential increase would probably be negated by the fact that calf has a 90% chance of being a heifer.   But that's just my opinion.           

xxcc

just curious, if you end up with a glut of one gender, are you going to have a price differentiation?