GIRL POWER

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

nice cow.  get that girl focused on you instead of what's in your hand and you will improve a lot.  get her to move back and forth with one foot in the air by positioning her with her foot in the air so you can catch her inbetween going forward or backing up.  several ways to do that without a treat.  to me she seems a little falsely tame with three signs of that, the tail and the head wringing and invading your space.  get her to be more neutral and it will look a lot more natural because it is.

justme

omg Knabe when did you become an animal trainer?  I think this woman did a fantastic job and was just sharing a tribute.

knabe

justme said:
omg Knabe when did you become an animal trainer?  I think this woman did a fantastic job and was just sharing a tribute.

sorry for knowing anything. learned from ray hunt and tom dorrance and gene armstrong.   went to many clinics in the 80's and used to fix problem people, i mean horses for extra cash in college.  my most challenging one was a paint stud stuck in a stall knee deep in manure.  he had such a strong eye for anything that moved it was fun to get him going good.  think of the gal that rode her reiner with no hands or saddle.  animals hook on to each other and don't need food in someone's hand for motivation.  think of that video of that guy training the steer that's linked on here.  really not that hard.  everyone should know what it feels like to have one's foot in the air and have their animal's foot in the air at the same time and be able to back up or go forward sideways whatever.

here's one reason why horses buck.  we don't let them go right or left, forward or backwards.  sometimes they just lay down thinking that's what we want them to do.  not enough people understand what the heck is possible to even think about stretching the limits of letting the animals train us.

Latest posts