Girl with heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

showtime

On breedesworld they are talking about a guy that kicked a heifer in the but because he was mad and the heifer ran over the little girl. I'm not trying to start anything i just want somebody to pm me so in two years  when i buy i don't buy from this guy.

Thanks

doubled

there is some information in the souix falls posting here on this site

dsfarms

On breeders world they are wanting to pull the posts but everyone is wanting things like this to be known. I agree bad sportsmanship, bad dealings, bad cattle, and bad business is always good info to protect yourself. Afterall what happened to freedom of speech!

knabe

dsfarms said:
Afterall what happened to freedom of speech!

here's the problem with that logic.  dsfarms is so......

then you get into a yelling match.  that's why we have fair boards and other conflict resolution vehicles.

whatever happened to giving a guy a second chance.

i've received a second chance on a few occasions and i appreciate them.

i bet you have too.

the guy in my avatar had a really good method of conflict resolution.

Show Heifer

Maybe a second chance....but a third, and fourth, and fifith.... where EXACTLY do you draw the line?
I have a sand line after the first one, and a permenant line after the second.

cowz

The way to handle people like this is to shut them out financially.  Dont hire them to fit, judge shows, partner with them on heifers, or buy cattle from them. 

The thing that is SOOOO distressing about this one is that....he is an extension agent.....supposed to be a role model to kids and the community.

Anybody on here from South Dakota, please contact SDSU Cooperative Extension.  This kind of behavior should not be tolerated.

justme

I have to agree with cowz on this one.  For an extension agent to act like this is totally unacceptable.  Some are defending him on BW, but I don't buy it one bit.  These Extension agents are to guide and set an example for our youth.  We show to teach our children not only to win, but sportsmanship, responsibility, and many other things.  I flat out see that as abuse to the animal and mentally abusive to the child.  No excuse for his actions...

knabe

Show Heifer said:
where EXACTLY do you draw the line?

what societies usually do is draw the line, instead of prosecuting retroactively.  FDR was famous for prosecuting retroactively against undistributed profits.

the danger is zero tolerance, and then, the penalties are effectively lifetime, but we dont' do anything about our stupidity to prop up failed business models, ie 75 billion to prop up citigroup and today, it's capitalization is at 50 billion.  yes, that's right.  it's worth less than the taxpayer infusion.  shareholders aren't even upset, they're to busy with their hands out to prop up home values and derivative trading on negative value paper assets that total more than the value of the bank itself.

instead, we tear down our industry.

slipping.......

CAB

I think that along with the limits paid to administrative positions to qualify for "bailout Money" there also needs to be rules as far as where these companies invest the money. We need to get this country more self sufficient.
  As far as the riff in Sd, I'm sick of everyone turning their heads @ all the stuff that does go on. It seems the bigger the show, the bigger the blinders. Our county fair is scrutinized much harder than the bigger shows. It's just all interesting how everyone needs a fitter, nanny, whatever to make it easier for themselves. Throw enough money @ it instead of trying to learn and do the work. JMO. Brent

red

parents need to be more involved instead of letting anyone else dictate how their child should show. I miss the days of family togetherness & just having fun. I'm not bashing any fitters or show jocks, we've worked w/ several. But "worked w/" is the key word. We keep ourself as the people w/ the authority & the ones that looked out for our child. I was there to meet my daughter & put the rope halter on, I or should say we, were the ones that spoke to her first. We were the ones that gave both praise & offered advice.
I know nothing of this situation or anything of the people involved. too be honest I'd like to remain that way. I am disturbed by some of the posts on other boards. It helps no one, especially the child.

JMO,
Red

jason

Soon as people start posting names - I start getting emails.  ;D

There is nothing wrong with talking about the incident, but if you want to know the name, pm someone that does.