Gizmo calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Our Gizmo calf came at about 11:00 Saturday night. He's a bull calf, roan & looks like a meat wagon. He did weigh 115# ( came from cow) but was born unassisted. Will steer him. Named him Lee!
DSC_0004.jpg

Gizmo bull calf
DSC_0006-1.jpg

Gizmo & Gigolo Joe calves

Red

OH Breeder

Good for you. Looks like a nice one. Do'nt get to much in a hurry to steer the guy. You never know. he might just turn out to be a nice shorthorn plus.

shortyjock89

OH Breeder said:
Good for you. Looks like a nice one. Do'nt get to much in a hurry to steer the guy. You never know. he might just turn out to be a nice shorthorn plus.

At #115?  I can't say that I would hesitate to steer a calf that big, no matter how good he is.  It would be a little different if he were born in Canada.

OH Breeder

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:

At #115?  I can't say that I would hesitate to steer a calf that big, no matter how good he is.  It would be a little different if he were born in Canada.

You need to see cathy's cows. They are not little ladies. They all have some size to them.Nice cows.

I agree, 115 is big ....(but I know a few "club calf" sires folks are using that had all of that and more ;)). I must have missed that on the first post. My age is showing. I probably would steered him too.

red

sorry but Lee got steered last night. I agree he might have made a good bull but w/ that BW would have trouble selling him without lying & that's not going to happen.

Red

oakbar

Careful about using the name Lynn, Olson!!    A lot of people think I'm a female anyway until they meet me---then they're sorely dissapointed!!

My name is one of those that  can be used for both females and males as many names are now days.  I was actually accepted into college as a female and assigned to a women's dormitory.  I'll never forgive my mother for correcting the mistake before I got to see who my roommate was supposed to be!! 

red

ROMAX said:
Ithought you were strictly purebred maine red?how was the joe calf for size,i'm planning on using him on some heifers this year.

we are but I couldn't resist Elbee's sales pitch! The Joe calf was 75#'s. I'm going to use him on a Hard Core heifer.

Red