Gizmo semen!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

Looks like Bakenhus is selling a 100 units of his semen in increments of 5 in their sale. Lot of Gizmo dtrs in there, also.

justintime

Doc, is there a list of what all semen Ward is selling in the dispersal? I heard there will be 3 or 4 semen tanks of semen sold. Everything sells, including the tanks. Could be some interesting stuff( if the Gizmo wasn't interesting enough!!!!) . I would like to see a complete list. Also... I will try to get some time to PM you a report on Shadybrook.

Doc

justintime said:
Doc, is there a list of what all semen Ward is selling in the dispersal? I heard there will be 3 or 4 semen tanks of semen sold. Everything sells, including the tanks. Could be some interesting stuff( if the Gizmo wasn't interesting enough!!!!) . I would like to see a complete list. Also... I will try to get some time to PM you a report on Shadybrook.
http://www.bakenhusshorthorns.com/

justintime

That is just weird!. I have Bakenhus website in my favorites, and it is exactly the same web address that is listed about. When I use my favorites to go to their website, it does not show the sale catalog. If I go to their website from the address listed here, it has the catalog.

As for the reason for their dispersal, i think like most dispersals it is due to several reasons. I think one of the main reasons is to settle with the original owners, Art, Luke and Sue ( Ar Su Lu). I sure there are more reasons than just this.

JoeBnTN

justintime said:
That is just weird!. I have Bakenhus website in my favorites, and it is exactly the same web address that is listed about. When I use my favorites to go to their website, it does not show the sale catalog. If I go to their website from the address listed here, it has the catalog.

As for the reason for their dispersal, i think like most dispersals it is due to several reasons. I think one of the main reasons is to settle with the original owners, Art, Luke and Sue ( Ar Su Lu). I sure there are more reasons than just this.

JiT,

Try clearing your cookies and your cache - then it should work.

cpubarn

JIT - If you are having trouble with the PDF...

Here is the semen tank lot.

Semen Tank & Treasures lot 343

This lot is a unique opportunity. We are selling a semen tank full of semen (332 units). The tank and
semen all go. This list of semen is shown below. The semen tank is a MVE SC 20/20, which is in good
shape and holds  nitrogen very well.

Name & Reg.                                                                    # units
MF Pacer *x3983991                                                            7
Armstrong Gold V027 *x3977703                                            5
WF Ideal Irish *x3965081                                                          4
BBS Hope’s Prime Time 3777819                                              16
Highfield Highler 204 ‘Culhane’ 3718145                                  5
Deerpark Improver 2nd ‘Guinness’ 3693924                            20
ALM Tequilla *x3971247                                                          8
Ar Su Lu Golden Spike 004 *x4022884                                    3
BR Windstar *3942445                                                          10
MB Steermaker 816 *xar14643                                              5
DMC Dr Pepper *ar15867                                                      6
MR V8 Bonfire 7G *x3985389                                                  4
Sangamon Leader 4 3791370                                                9
KilKelly Duke 3887005                                                            8
MSF Equity 43 x3936973                                                        10
Name & Reg.                                                                      # units
KL Double Duty 6294 *x3968942                                              4
RB Eagle 148 x3951678                                                              8
Little Cedar Van Gogh 403 *x4082870                                        30
Ar Su Lu Laredo 505 x4099183                                                    19
Deer Trail Buckshot 5073 x3964228                                            15
New Age *3994507                                                                    10
SBR 20/20 Vision *4026214                                                          10
Ar Su Lu Heavyweight *x3946013                                                  15
IDS Duke Of Dublin 3737445                                                            1
DVM Kiss This *4041490                                                                  4
Eionmor Mr Gus 30B x3985943                                                        6
MR Big Sky 254P *ma13581                                                              8
Twin Creek Etulason *ma6174                                                          2
Ar Su Lu Reggie x3997337                                                                50
Woodland Improver x3962409                                                        30

aj

The byland pattern semen selling.......he is supposed to sire super udders and is a super calving ease bull.Would certificates be available on him.Also, I guess they are keeping most of the heifer calves and bulls or will they sell later. Is the Guiness bull th free...I can't remember....didn't he sire pretty decent cattle...he was horned.

justintime

Gunness is TH free. He puts some birth weight in his calves though. He sired some good calves, but also sired some that were on the plain side, in my opinion. The better the cow the better the calf... like many sires out there.

Doc

aj said:
The byland pattern semen selling.......he is supposed to sire super udders and is a super calving ease bull.Would certificates be available on him.Also, I guess they are keeping most of the heifer calves and bulls or will they sell later. Is the Guiness bull th free...I can't remember....didn't he sire pretty decent cattle...he was horned.
The last time I registered a calf that the owner was no longer able to be found , the ASA charged me $25.

aj

If I were to buy one of the donor cows or cows....which one would work best to flush to a red angus?

itk

Finally sat down and really studied the catalog and I really like the looks of the Shalimar cows and the epd's on lot 21. These cows might be to big for your neck of the woods from the pics but are some of my favorites. I wish I had customers who wanted to buy heterosis instead of sell it so I could get excited about the DR program too ;D.

aj

I think we saw a daughter of greta at the Colorado state fair. I kinda had lot 9 picked out. The thing about catalogs is you don't know about udders,disposition,fleshing ability,actual calving weights,calving intervals,mothering ability,carcass quality of previous calves and mature size. My birthday is on the 26th....maybe my wife will buy me.......I bought her a new trailer for her birthday......maybe she won't divorce me........maybe I better not push my luck. ;D

Will

aj said:
...maybe she won't divorce me........maybe I better not push my luck. ;D
The last two parts of your quote is generally my thought process.