Godfather x Fear This Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

dimebag

Opinions ? He's 3 years old and just came off a set of Angus females .

Attachments

• Farm Pics 003.jpg
    Farm Pics 003.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 53

chambero

Good looking bull.  Using him on angus will give you females you can do anything with, especially if he's clean himself.

sue

I dont know anything about his pedigree . But I like the bull!

kfacres

DBL J1 said:
Thanks for the compliments on the bull ! I'm not sure on the PHAC , never been tested . Yes Chambero , I think the calves out of those Angus cows will be nice . Sue , GF goes back to Full Flush (chi/maine) and Fear This was a PB maine . Thanks again !

might want to do that sometime... you know either before the bull dies, or his heifer daughters come around to get bred...

wyatt

even if you never got him tested you could always test the females cuz some might not have it

kfacres

wyatt said:
even if you never got him tested you could always test the females cuz some might not have it

but it would be much cheaper, easier, and I personally would sleep better at night, knowing I tested one individual, instead of 50.  Think about it?  One test vs. 50?  50x cheaper, 50x easier. 

DL

DBL J1 said:
Truth ,the bull is clean by pedigree , no need to continue debating yourself !

DBL J1 - Giodfather is a PHA carrier - so if the pedigree you described "Goodfather X Fear This" in the title is accurate the bull in NOT free by pedigree - in fact many would consider him a PHA carrier until proven otherwise by a negative test

kfacres

DL said:
DBL J1 said:

DBL J1 - Giodfather is a PHA carrier - so if the pedigree you described "Goodfather X Fear This" in the title is accurate the bull in NOT free by pedigree - in fact many would consider him a PHA carrier until proven otherwise by a negative test
::) :eek:

kfacres

DBL J1 said:
Truth , I didn't post a pic of my bull to talk about genetic defects ! Go argue with someone else on another post , I don't need any advice from you !

well since you insist on an arguement...  if you'll go back and read- it wasn't me who brought up the genetic defect concern, it wasn't me who then stated that you had no idea about the bull being PHAC, it was you,  YOU then came back to say that the bull was clean by pedigree, which at that time, somebody else stated that the bull was in fact NOT by pedigree..

Just stating facts here buddy... go crawl in a hole.! and back the romeo off.

O, and FYI, I never gave a single bit of advice, other than a blood test might be a good idea..

DL

DBL J1 said:

The truth is that if your bull is sired by The Godfather 82J ACA #292219 then he has a 50% risk of being a PHA carrier. Godfather is a PHA carrier - it is most likely he obtained the defective gene from Paramount via the maternal side of his pedigree.

If your bull is sired by The Godfather 82J ACA #292219 then your bull is not PHAF by pedigree

If you don't test the bull most prudent people will believe that he is a PHA carrier

If you advertise or promote or otherwise discuss your bull as PHA free by pedigree (which is what YOU said) then at best it is inaccurate and at worst a downright lie

There really is no debate here - the bull (if his pedigree is as you describe) is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT PHA FREE BY PEDIGREE

advocate

He obviously does not care therefore there is no debate. Bottom line is its his bull and if he doesnt care than you mouthbreathers shouldnt either

DL

advocate said:
He obviously does not care therefore there is no debate. Bottom line is its his bull and if he doesnt care than you mouthbreathers shouldnt either

Frankly I don't give a darn he said to Scarlet O'Hara if his bull is a PHA carrier or not but when he says (quote DLB J1)

"Truth ,the bull is clean by pedigree , no need to continue debating yourself !"

that is a LIE so DBL J1 is either ignorant of the status of the sire of his bull or has chosen to lie about it

and while he might not care and you might not care perhaps someone who might want to use his bull might care -