Golden Flow??

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstick09

ok so for my first question, i am going to ask about Golden Flow. It is a product i have thought about using, but i don't know much about it. I will be adding it to my steers feed and I wont be showing him until March at our county show. He is about a year old right now, but im not sure how much he weighs. What i am trying to get at here is can i start adding it to his feed now, or is it too soon? ??? I hope i am not a total bimbo for asking this question. Also, what are some other supplements that you guys like that aide in muscle development, or really help in finishing a steer. Any advice would help!! Thanks.

red

Golden Flo is a liquid fat. With all fats, you need to add it gradualy & slowly. Too much will make them too loose or go off feed. Watch to make sure you don't cause the ration to become too hot & loose hair. I like to mist fat products on w/ a hand pump.

Good luck.

Red

chambero

It should come with a hand pump.  We always feed 2-4 "squirts".  You can measure in a measuring cup if you want and feed according to the label.  You can add more than that if you need more fat.  Golden Flo smells good and cattle eat it very well.

strawroanlova

wiat until december or  january to start now is to soon,i feed golden flow to all my cows and it guves them the fat cover the need,if you start now you wull have to much fat cover

TottenClubCalves

Michael you don't feed golden Flow to your animals, you don't have any except for a hog and your little roan steer. Sorry he's my little brother Mr Hot stuff lol. On a serious note I do feed my steer and expeirmented on my little heifer. It works great and cattle love the taste I would probably wait until your calf is about 15-16 months old maybe a little sooner. For know add alot of oats, it puts a smoother finish but takes longer than corn. Corn turns the ration hot and heats your animals body temp up and you can actuall lose or "burn" the hair off. Good luck with your steer  ;D

showstick09

ok so what exactly does the oats do?? and how much do i ad? i feed 3 scoops Martin Dale Finisher and 1 scoop Beet Pulp twice daily. I know i am a goober, but i dont really know how many pounds that is lol. the scoop is about the size of a large coffe can.

TottenClubCalves

It depend on the feed, I feed show chow and each scoop is roughly 3 pounds a  which means with beat pulp he's getting 18-20 pounds a day if i where you I'd  bump it two four sccops feed and one scoop beet pulp and one scoop oats the feed will help him finish better and the extra beet pulp will help with the flank and rib. You need to but just regular 50 pound bag of oats and add about a scoop to each feeding. any more questions just ask.