GoldenCHILD

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlechick

I was considering using Goldenchild on a couple cows this year. One is a purbred Anchor(angus) cow, the other is a Paleface. Anyone use him? How are the calves? Ive heard they are big. What kind of cows were they used on? Thanks!

OH Breeder

I have seen two. One was out of Red Brockle simmi influenced cow and the other was out of an angus female. Both were on the small side. They didn't have tremendous bone. The best in that group I saw was a Double Vision on a Heat Seeker female. Clean female of course. If I were going to use anything on those angus cows, I would use Pale Face, If they are sound and are of good size, WMW or if you want replacements Simmi- Dream ON or 3C Macho. Just an opinion. On pale face cow you could use WMW or son like Doctor Who. I have a Partisover 550 Daughter 132K x Doctor Who bull calf. Really like him Lots of bone and getting thicker every day.

char

ohio breeder...are you planning on keeping him a bull?  plus do you have any pictures.....i can't remember correctly but i am going to try....we bought embryos from the rowes sale in october and they are dr. who and ok now here is where i am having trouble is the cow side...if red is online...she would be able to tell me....isn't that funny and we bought them...but i want to say 132k....but that is probably wrong...i think there were a two lots...any how..if you do have pictures of your partisover and Dr. Who...let me know....we have a partisover/meyer heifer at home...and we will be breeding her shortly....we had two bulls also and sold one at the expo.....brought the better of the two bulls home and friends of ours bought him...so now he is close to home with the option to breed cows to....hopefully you post some pics of your dr. who....thanks alot

char

red

Char- there was a Partisover 132K out of Meyer 734 & an Angus cow w/ Dr Who as a flush.
How your calves doing this year?

Red

char

isn't it terrible....i will have to go home and check my books..... ???....we had a pretty rough year with calving...we lost 4 bull calves this year...one out of our irish whiskey heifer (she is clean th/pha) and is being flushed thursday...hopefully that goes good....and one come backwards and lost it...one c-section...cow lived calf died a week later....and had a bull calf about 140 lbs.  and he died within 36 hours after being born....other than that everything else is okay....i think we are tied now....six bull calves and six heifers....plus the last one is due anyday now....hopefully breeding season goes better... we have one more show we are going to this weekend in ottawa county....went last weekend to bowling green in wood county for a show last minute and we ended up being grand champion steer and my daughter was resevere in jr. showmanship...there were about 50-60 head there....so we were excited...

i have enjoyed seeing the pics of your babies...any new ones recently?....I'll have to post some of my pics....thanks for your help....

char

red

My Gold Club heifer that Ashley Rowe showed last year is due in 2 weeks. She is breed to Currancy. I then have 1 more cow to go after that but not until June.
The nephew lost both a cow & her calf due to the calf being breech. Took her to OSU but it was one of the worst c-sections they saw.
We've had only heifers here. Still looking for a bull!
Great on last week! That's wonderful!

Red