Goldmine

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

Has anyone used or seen any calves out of Goldmine? ASA4074500
Sire: Vortec MGS: Windstar I have him in my tank and was trying to figure out what to use him on?

DL

OH Breeder said:
Sire: Vortec MGS: Windstar I have him in my tank and was trying to figure out what to use him on?

Haven't seen any but with Windstar in his background wonder if he is PHA clean (sorry, just can't help myself  ;D and that I believe is why ya either love me or hate me! DL with target on back) (cow)

red

dragon lady said:
OH Breeder said:

Haven't seen any but with Windstar in his background wonder if he is PHA clean (sorry, just can't help myself  ;D and that I believe is why ya either love me or hate me! DL with target on back) (cow)

But you wouldn't be DL without that quality! It's like a non-opinionated Show Heifer! Or a serious "justme", just doesn't work well w/ the personality!

Red

Jill

I loved the looks of this bull when he came out, he didn't go to Denver I think Mark said he had gotten sick and wasn't 100% at the time, but I expected to see some really nice calves out of him and haven't.  We don't have alot of experience with him, but the 2 we had went to the sale barn, there was just not enough to them.

red

www.goldmine.jpg

Here is what is on their website about him.

Goldmine was the best Shorthorn bull calf that I have ever found in the pasture.  He went through Cocidiosis and Pneumonia at the same time when he was wean and almost died.  He did not catch back up to look the way he could have in time for Denver when this picture was taken, but if you could only see him now.  He was leased by Greg Kroupa for his operation for the spring and we all know what kind of calves he can produce.  According to everything we know Goldmine should also be Th free on the genetic side of things.  Here is a young sire that may well be the next show steer sire going.

Red

DL

OK here we go (again) - How long has the TH test been available and how old is this bull? You are promoting a bull (who was sick so didn't look good) and you say "According to everything we know Goldmine should also be Th free on the genetic side of things"

How about spending the $27 bucks and testing the bull for TH - wouldn't that be a good marketing move?? And since he has Windstar in his pedigree how about testing him for PHA?? What am I missing here? Does this logic require a rocket scientist and that is the issue???
(cow ??? ??? (cow)

OH Breeder

dragon lady said:
OK here we go (again) - How long has the TH test been available and how old is this bull? You are promoting a bull (who was sick so didn't look good) and you say "According to everything we know Goldmine should also be Th free on the genetic side of things"

How about spending the $27 bucks and testing the bull for TH - wouldn't that be a good marketing move?? And since he has Windstar in his pedigree how about testing him for PHA?? What am I missing here? Does this logic require a rocket scientist and that is the issue???
(cow ??? ??? (cow)
He has been tested and TH Free from shorthorn website. I have seen him in pictures, but you are right. With Windstar being in there, gotta wonder. I could'n't find any information at SEK or Cattlevisions on his PH status.
What cows did you use him Jill?

Jill

We flushed him to a Redl Knight granddaughter that has worked well with Double Stuff and X-Ray Vision.  Sin City didn't click with her either so maybe it's just the cow.