goo?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Oats

I Ai'd some heifers 11 days ago and I noticed this morning a couple of them have a little bit of clear goo coming out their vagina. Is this a sign of something or is this normal?

CAB

It's normal. You're just watching closer now than B4. How'd it go for you. I know that it is your first year AIing. Some PPL just hate virgin heifers. I hope it went well!! Brent

Oats

I think I got along alright. It seemed like it took me an awful long time trying to find the right spot. I Ai'd three heifers and the blue roan one day and did eight cows another day to headliner and walks alone. Still no calf out of the red heifer.

CAB

When I saw the red heifer, I didn't think that she would calf this month & if she did, she was going to hurt in the udder development part.
  As far as it taking a long time to find the right"spot", try not to worry about the time. It's much more important to find the spot than how long it takes. Get your gun in the cow as soon as you can after thawing the semen and it will be OK until you deposit the semen. You'll get quicker with more experience.  Try to stay relaxed and have no more help around than necessary. Good luck, Brent