Good bye ol' yella, goodbye my friend

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

My teacher, My friend, My Cow

I was there when you were born, and looked at your yellow hair
Dad gave me you for me to take care
That was years ago, and Dad is now gone
Nothing seems right about this, something is wrong.
Your babies are all yellow and great
all waiting for treats, standing by the gate.
You always looked at me for care
And on the day you were born, I accepted the dare.
We all knew this day was coming soon
As growing old, crippled at every passing moon
I refused to have you at the sale barn
You moved too slow,  your eyes too brown, gosh darn!
Tomorrow is the day you will go see Dad
And tears I will shed, as I am beyond sad.
Where are those damn peta people now,
when instead of money, I will euthanize my favorite cow.

Old yella -  my favorite cow......1994-2008.

doubled

I Pm'd you , so touching, its like its about me and my cows too

Cowboy

Trust me Jen -- I - for one -- know .

You have seen my cows, you have seen me WITH my cows -- I believe you know. I know how YOU feel, I have felt the same too.

Gramma is buried here - watching over her daughters and grand-daughters -- so yes -- I know!

It is best -- yes, but that doesn'tmake it a good thing to deal with.

Just wanting to let you know I have been there, and will again - as we all will. It hurts, and if PETA gave half a darn -- they'd give us all a medal instead of a bunch of grief - telling us we abuse our animals -- B        S    !!!!

Terry

txshowlamb

I feel for you its hard I know You are in my prayers and I wish you the best as hard as it is I know you can and will be strong enough to do the right thing. You where there for me when I had put my dog down yover would have made it. you supported me threw my hard times and walked me threw the time I thought I never would have walked again!!! Now its my turn to walk you threw your hard time and pick you up and keep ypu walking. Its only fair I pay it forward I respect you for who you are and I look up to you as a  mentor and as a friend. Kepp strong you can do it I believe in you just remember you have other cows and calfs looking to you for your need dont give up.txshowlamb

OH Breeder

You have my sympathy.

Folks don't understand how you can get attached to them sometimes.
I have one cow the kids call Mule. She was the first one I bought 7 years ago when i got back into the business. She is not pretty to look at but always delivers a super calf. Her shorthorn steer calf is in my post about our county fair. I have already told them she will never see a sale barn. She will stay til the end. Of course, she is the most cooperative with me and comes when i call.

red

Show Hef, I was just skimming through posts & read this. My heart goes out to you. It's funny how we can just have that favorite cow. She doesn't have to be the prettiest or have won any shows but she's just always there for you..

Remember her w/ fondness..

Red

SouthWest

Show Hef, you also have my sympathy.  Your baby would be proud of you.  I could picture the calf growing up as I read the poem.  I could relate with my dad giving me my first animal.  I could feel what you were feeling through your words.  You were able to put a lump in my throat, chills in my back, and a tear in my eye.  You really had something special.  I felt what you were feeling.  She would be proud of you.