Good Fronted Hereford Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

dn91

Any suggestions for a good frontd hereford bull to cross on commercial angus cows to make baldies. I would then try to corss some of the baldies on clubby bulls for fun so I would want to hereford to be somewhat of a "showier" bull without sacrificing growth and maternal traits. Semen would need to be reasonable and available through a major distributor. Thanks in advance

Also what is everyones opinions on About Time for doing the above, some friends of mine have always talked about him and liked him.

Shawn_Larsen17

Cyrus 225 ET is a showier bull that is cleaner fronted, he is the son to BR Moler who was the Notional champion bull at the Denver stock show (National Western Stock show).

obie105

About time is deceased so his semen is pretty pricey now. Cyrus has a pretty good size birth weight. we got along alright with him and he did put a nice front end on them. Purple Reign has a few right now that would probably clean one up and I had very good luck with Barbers Channing bull with cleaning up a cow.

LostFarmer

I have yet to see a Cyrus that made a good cow.  Know a guy that kept 6 heifers, 30 head in the pasture and and all 6 were the last to calve.  Only one bred back for a second.  None milked well.  Total bust as a maternal bull. 

David Fosbrink

i would recommend about time if you can find it but if not you may think of using Revolution. they both through good fronts and the heifers make great cows also are safe to use on heifers.