Good News!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlejunky

(clapping)Alot has happened since I was on here last.  Our ATV that was stolen on Saturday was recovered today about 5 miles from our house.  We had a 2nd ATV stolen out of our locked barn Tuesday evening.  That  ATV was also recovered today.  We are positive now that it was the kid down the road since the 2nd ATV was found in the wood directly south of his house and there are footprints from the woods to his house.
The other good news is we do not have to file an insurance claim and that if we would have they would have been covered.  luckily we we pruchased our insurance we paid a little extra to have replacment cost of anything stolen.  We have also learned some valuable info about how we should have coverages set up.

red

was it in good shape? I'd sure make sure the local sheriff is on the ball!

Red

Show Dad

Congrats on finding the ATV's. As for you coverage and learning how it works, wasn't that what your agent is for? I switched agents over stuff like that. It's their job and when they don't do it find some one who will. Though that is getting tougher these days.

Cattlejunky I have always liked that name. Did you choose it because you suffer from Bovine Addiction Disorder? More commonly knows as being BAD! ;) ;) ;D

cattlejunky

SD said:
Congrats on finding the ATV's. As for you coverage and learning how it works, wasn't that what your agent is for? I switched agents over stuff like that. It's their job and when they don't do it find some one who will. Though that is getting tougher these days.

Cattlejunky I have always liked that name. Did you choose it because you suffer from Bovine Addiction Disorder? More commonly knows as being BAD! ;) ;) ;D

So that is the techincal term for cattlejunky.  Yes I am BAD.  My only medication is Steer Planet!  Yes you would think that is what your agent is for.  He just took over for his Dad so I think he is learning the ropes.  I also think some girls in his office got on him.  We have spent most of the week with insurance agents.  2 for quotes and the other one our own. 
SRU:  I would like this kid to pay, but I do not want him in my barn again!  He is a habitual liar and a two time theif.

Red:  Luckily, nothing is damaged.  The older 4 wheeler quit on them due to clogging a plug, which is not bad.  The did a little minor damage on the new one by trying to push the old one.

I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out.

Thanks for all your support.  It helps to vent!

dori36

cattlejunky said:
  (clapping)Alot has happened since I was on here last.  Our ATV that was stolen on Saturday was recovered today about 5 miles from our house.  We had a 2nd ATV stolen out of our locked barn Tuesday evening.  That  ATV was also recovered today.  We are positive now that it was the kid down the road since the 2nd ATV was found in the wood directly south of his house and there are footprints from the woods to his house.
The other good news is we do not have to file an insurance claim and that if we would have they would have been covered.  luckily we we pruchased our insurance we paid a little extra to have replacment cost of anything stolen.  We have also learned some valuable info about how we should have coverages set up.

Yay for you!  Is there enough evidence to press charges?

cattlejunky

dori36 said:
cattlejunky said:

Yay for you!  Is there enough evidence to press charges?

There is not any physical evidence other than the tracks from the woods where the ATV's were hid that lead to his house. He had 1 or 2 helpers.  I think if the detective questions him he might break.  I am not sure if the kid will get questioned.  We will press charges!!  He was caught trespassing on our property 3 or 4 times this fall and we were nice about it.  He has been ran off 5 or 6 other neighbors proprety.  If he is caught on our property again he will be held by us until the sheriff arrives.

jason

Glad to hear  ;), he doesn't seem like the smartest criminal, so sooner or later it will catch up with him.