Good Reading?!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Barrel Racer

Deep- Thanks so much!!!  I'll send you a private message with my address.  That's so nice of you!  They made a movie from First to Die it was on Lifetime, pretty good but as usual the book was much better. 

SJ-I'll have to check out Mutation, got the other books when the library has their book sale, you can get some really good bargains.  The new Tolkein book is one that he wrote pieces of and then died, his son apparently finished it.  I was reading about it and it's supposed to be pretty good if you like Tolkein.  Takes place 6,000 years before Lord of the Rings, although it seems like it's pretty dark, I just couldn't get into his books.  Waiting to get my hands on Next by Crichton, we generally buy books and then pass them around the lab.  It's the one with the Monkey on the cover and a bar code, the girls in the lab that have read it say its really good. 

red

Now I can't wait for it to rain so I can get hubby to run me over to the library!
Shortyjock- If you like Koontz, do you like John Saul?
Tami Hoag can write some preety good books too. Sort of dectective type. Think they made a movie from one of her's w/ Valerie Bertenilla (sp?) in it.

Red

shortyjock89

red said:
Now I can't wait for it to rain so I can get hubby to run me over to the library!
Shortyjock- If you like Koontz, do you like John Saul?
Tami Hoag can write some preety good books too. Sort of dectective type. Think they made a movie from one of her's w/ Valerie Bertenilla (sp?) in it.

Red

I've never read any John Saul, but give me a couple titles and I'll chem em out.  Another good dectective type of writer is John Sanford.  He writes this series of books set in Minnesota (where he lives).  They are pretty good.  I'll find some titles and get back to you on them.

Gypsy

Waiting to get my hands on Next by Crichton, we generally buy books and then pass them around the lab.  It's the one with the Monkey on the cover and a bar code, the girls in the lab that have read it say its really good. 

BR -  I read this a couple of months ago and I thought about you guys a lot while reading it.  It will be interesting to see what you think! 

DL

Forgot about Dick Francis - good reads - horsese and mystery!

Read a whole series of books (seems like there were about 40 in all - author?? 3 initials and a last name) that covered "The Army (from WWi on), The Navy. The Marines, The Police - really fascinating and interesting - military and chain of command and tactics are really not something I knew anything about

Joseph Wambaugh - crime

Patterson is OK too

Temple Grandins book "Animals in Translation"

The Ranch by Sherm Ewing (keep trying to get somebody to read this - aj you out there? modern history of the NA cattle industry -

Fried Twinkies Buckle Bunnies and Bull Riders (Josh Peters) was a pretty good mindless read!

A Feeling for the Organism Evelyn Fox Keller about Barbara McClintock who was a pioneer female cytogenetics expert (with corn)...that was my biography pahse

don't suppose most people are into William S Burroughs?

red

Shortyjock- John saul wrote:
Black Creek Crossing, Comes the Blind Fury, Cry for the Strangers, God Project, Manhattan Hunt Club, Midnight Voices, Nathaniel, Nightshade, Punish the Sinners, Right Hand of Evil, Unloved, Unwanted and When the Wind Blows.

DL- I looked through William S Burroughs list- nothing sounded familiar.

Red

aj

Hey knabe, I am into the clovis,folsom, hellgap cultures of natives in new mexico,colorado,kansas, and etc. Not to many people realize that people were in these areas roughly 10,000 years ago. There is a site bout 10 miles from where I live where a extinct specious of bison was found with a anderson point. Material was carbon dated to 8000 bc. Do you think the bison may have had pha? ;D

knabe

it's not PC to say there were clovis points and where they might have come from.  can you say kennewick man?  history is always so inconvenient.

look up books by graham hancock and the website about china and maps http://www.1421.tv/

some controversy there, particularly about china coming to the us.  supposedly there is a sunken chinese wreck in the sacramento delta.  so how did chinese chickens get everywhere?

man is so ignorant.

as for PHA in bison. hmmmm  could have come from a cherub or shedu from babylonian culture.  i had to look that up.  in the museum of natural history in london, they have a couple that were so huge, they had to quartersection them to get them in the museum.  that museum is worth going to, if not just to see the parthenon tablets, just the scale of plunder of the british empire. of course there were other plunderers, especially in the meso america's, back and forth, so laying no guilt on the english.  babylon was a good plunderer too.  everyone gets it.  ask gibbon, now there's a read.

Latest posts