Gooseneck safety tip.

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

Most of you all probably are aware of this but for those of you who don't:
Make sure you have all loose items in your truck bed removed or contained while hauling your trailers.
I know 2 different people who have had a loose tiedown get sucked between the bed and the cab, rap around the drive shaft and shatter the window when the rest of the tiedown hit it. One truck had the drive shaft bent along with some damage to the trany.
I also know some one who had put the duffel bag in the back with all their close, it was not all the way zipped, he ended up with one shoe a pair of pants and one sock everything else was on the freeway some where.
Just something to watch for.

RSC

vc said:
Make sure you have all loose items in your truck bed removed or contained while hauling your trailers.
I know 2 different people who have had a loose tiedown get sucked between the bed and the cab, rap around the drive shaft and shatter the window when the rest of the tiedown hit it. One truck had the drive shaft bent along with some damage to the trany.
I also know some one who had put the duffel bag in the back with all their close, it was not all the way zipped, he ended up with one shoe a pair of pants and one sock everything else was on the freeway some where.
Not just a safety tip but a truck cleaning tip!  When I get too many Beer Cans in the truck, I just hook up the trailor and go for a ride!  <party>

Tony

jason

RSC said:
vc said:
Not just a safety tip but a truck cleaning tip!  When I get too many Beer Cans in the truck, I just hook up the trailor and go for a ride!   <party>

Tony

(lol)

BCCC

RSC said:
vc said:
Not just a safety tip but a truck cleaning tip!  When I get too many Beer Cans in the truck, I just hook up the trailor and go for a ride!   <party>

Tony
Whats your secert to get them to actualy fly out ??? All the cans in my truck just fly around back there but as they start to fly they get sucked back in :'( I have had plenty of buckets, ice chest lids, and a spare tire!!

RSC

You need to drink the right brand! Empty Buschlite cans work best! LOL

Dusty

In Iowa they're worth a nickel a piece.  So we don't want them to fly out.  About once a month the kids the kids spend a day cleaning out the pickups, tractors, barns and picking them up out of the yard.

DLD

Be sure and add blower hoses to that list of things that tend to fall victim to the suction between the pickup bed and the gooseneck...

bart22

I learned this lesson about the loose tie downs a few years ago. One got to flying around and  sucked down around my drive shaft. When the metal crank smacked my back glass, I thought someone was trying to shoot me! Scared the crap out of me!