Gosh where did everyone go???

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Gosh usually this place is buzzing, where did everyone go???  (pop)

doubled

It was really nice here today too , low 80s- gonna rain Monday, my son has got to make hay tomorrow

Its fun to work with calves, did you tie some up???  How do you break yours??  It might be interesting to see how everyone breaks their calves.
I can remember we had a charolais and he was so ornery that Dad tied him to a JD tractor and he charged the tires, then we tied him to a post,
he broke off the post and drug it around for two days, the we squeezed him in a corner with a gate and left him for 4 days, still did not calm down,
so in like a week he was a quarter pounder. (lol)

BIGTEX

JbarL said:
             reflecting                 ..........                        jbarl

Are you re-thinking your position?

It has been great weather in Texas, also. I hope to see everyone at The State Fair of Texas.

JbarL

BIGTEX said:
JbarL said:
             reflecting                 ..........                        jbarl

Are you re-thinking your position?

what position is that tex??.....the complete social take over deemed neccsary buy the present administraiton over the  last 4 days  ...to cover and protect all the " winners"  "captitallist" life styles....and how all of a sudden 800 billion bucks can be made avalible and straped on our backs for the good of "all"......( in a matter of about 72 hrs)....but over the last 6 yrs  .....monies/ and soulutions  to "save" social security have been "totally impossible" to  attain.....or maybe the  "greed is good" theory, that  seems so acceptable these days in the name of "democracy", and all  the good that greed has done  to  help us to this point....or my decision on voting for hunter over griz in the bull poll.....( seems i'm a loser there as well).....or my decisions to be made over commiting to purchase some bred  pb angus cows with a partner 3 weeks ago, and how important  it is to make sure of the bred conditions and pedigrees that have to be checked  for the now current curly calf situation, verses my "word" to make funds avaliable  on a certain date for the purchase.....( papers were/are not an issue for this project )  but with the info of recent  genetics questions.....  dead calves and genetic ignorance is  ..to me anyway....or reflecting on whether to just go ahead and adopt the 'greed is good" theory......and pass along any genetic situations that may be involved with this purchase.....you no....just do whats good for me....check em all....and sell the dirty ones, mums the word.. ......or if greed runs as true and deep in the angus register "executives"  and high players as it does/did in the maine register "executives " high players...then i'll have plentyof time to do whats best for "me".......i think my positons are alot more  closer to reality now  than 2 weeks ago as far as social topics go....as far as hunter over grizz....well that was one more from the heart than any "on the gound" decisions.....i've always like his "looks"....he's a bit small framed for me ( 5?) ...but since he got struck by lightning and killed....he got my vote......"reflection" is not a narrow thinking "place" .... its very broad... and combines the thoughts of the mind and the feeling of heart and soul.....where do you think eveyones been tex??................jbarl

DL

jbarl -some can't think broad  - probably can't help themselves, like narrow cattle it's in the genes ;)

bcosu

i know i just got the internet hooked up. still no power at home but i moved up to college and beat them to it.

justintime

I was away to a sale in Alberta. I actually carried some bids for some of the SP gang. I am home now until Thursday when I head to Quebec for the Shadybrook sale. I am so busy right now, that I should be twins. Wish I could find some help even if it was part time, but there are more jobs in this part of the country than there are people. Some have 5 to 10 jobs to pick from and businesses are stealing employees from each other.

kane1598

I was home for a family party and a two day heifer clipping marathon.  It was fun.

DLD

Just been busy.  Went to the State Fair (OK) today to help some friends at the Limi show, and going down the turnpike on the way home, we met a rig that was (at a glance at least) almost identical to ours (red Ford 4x4 supercab/white 24' Circle D ), and I pointed it out to Clay and said "I guess this's what they mean when they say  meeting yourself coming and going"...

BIGTEX

[/quote]

what position is that tex??.....the complete social take over deemed neccsary buy the present administraiton over the  last 4 days  ...to cover and protect all the " winners"  "captitallist" life styles....and how all of a sudden 800 billion bucks can be made avalible and straped on our backs for the good of "all"......( in a matter of about 72 hrs)....but over the last 6 yrs   .....monies/ and soulutions  to "save" social security have been "totally impossible" to  attain.....or maybe the  "greed is good" theory, that  seems so acceptable these days in the name of "democracy", and all  the good that greed has done  to  help us to this point....or my decision on voting for hunter over griz in the bull poll.....( seems i'm a loser there as well).....or my decisions to be made over commiting to purchase some bred  pb angus cows with a partner 3 weeks ago, and how important  it is to make sure of the bred conditions and pedigrees that have to be checked  for the now current curly calf situation, verses my "word" to make funds avaliable  on a certain date for the purchase.....( papers were/are not an issue for this project )  but with the info of recent  genetics questions.....  dead calves and genetic ignorance is  ..to me anyway....or reflecting on whether to just go ahead and adopt the 'greed is good" theory......and pass along any genetic situations that may be involved with this purchase.....you no....just do whats good for me....check em all....and sell the dirty ones, mums the word.. ......or if greed runs as true and deep in the angus register "executives"  and high players as it does/did in the maine register "executives " high players...then i'll have plentyof time to do whats best for "me".......i think my positons are alot more  closer to reality now  than 2 weeks ago as far as social topics go....as far as hunter over grizz....well that was one more from the heart than any "on the gound" decisions.....i've always like his "looks"....he's a bit small framed for me ( 5?) ...but since he got struck by lightning and killed....he got my vote......"reflection" is not a narrow thinking "place" .... its very broad... and combines the thoughts of the mind and the feeling of heart and soul.....where do you think eveyones been tex??................jbarl
[/quote]

1. I was just joking. Sorry for getting under your skin. Not my intention.
2. Did you know the first CEO of Fannie Mae made 90 million dollars during his tenure. Then his predecessor made 70 million. Both now work for Obama's campaign as chief financial advisers. This also proves the government has no place trying to run a "private company", such as universal health care. DYN 84% of Americans have heath insurance.
3.Can you not test for dirty genes and keep them and breed to clean genes?
4. I think everyone is getting ready to see me at the Texas State Fair. I'll be the one with Dirty Jeans.
5. Look out for #1. No one else is going to.

OH Breeder

We butcherd 20 chickens and clipped a couple of calves. Spent the day outside. showed some calves for sale. Got power back on Friday Night at 12m.Good weekend overall!

JbarL

big t...1) not a problem...it doesnt get under my skin....it gets in my pocket
          2) ive heard that
          3) yes we will test pedigrees and for dirty genes, we will  do all of mine as well......but all we have to go on now is the 1608 double bred sceniero, and i havnt even see the # of these  cows....they are all pb  and bred for this fall..... ......it just kinda puts a stall on "plans" weve made for deliver and of course payment dates......my partner was made aware of it late last week is going to get all the number this week...( its  semi local for him to swing by )
            4  )im glad the texas fair is comming up and still on the schedule...the state needs some " good times" for its residents after the storm and devestation endured by its residents after the storms....its good for the soul to have a social event  to rally around in times of need.
            5) me being #1 in the first place has to do more with  many people other than my self.....family/kids/business associates/customers/employees  ect, im afraid if i put myself in front of  any of them i woudnt be who i am today....................jbarl

DLD

shortdawg said:
DLD, How did the show go ? Specifically the Shorthorn steers ?

The prospect show was last weekend - the Shorthorn division there was pretty soft, imo.  I don't know anything about the steer that won, he was just a nice calf, no big holes but not overpowering in any way either. There were a couple more decent ones and then it got soft real quick.  As for the rest of the prospect show, Logan Davis was grand (xb), Bailey Buck was reserve (MA), Griswolds were 3rd (Lim) and 4th (res MA) overall, and 5th overall was Riley Racklee (Sim) - all Bonham steers, btw.  All I know from the Shorthorn heifer show is that Bedwells won both the junior and open divisions.  The Limi heifer we worked on today was reserve division 1, Michael Mitchell won both junior and open divisions in the Limi heifer show.  Kind of a skimpy report, but it's about all I know.  We didn't take anything to the State Fair, we'll be heading to Tulsa for the market steer show next week.